Chapter 9

"Vernon..."

   "Wut?"

   "We're out of food" Joshua turned around to face Vernon with a guilty expression.

   "What? I thought you went to buy groceries the other day" Vernon stood up and headed to were Joshua stood.

   "I did but you know how I like to explore different cuisines" Vernon sighed. "Don't worry I'll go to shop for groceries tomorrow morning while you're at school. For now, let's go eat ramen ok?" Vernon nodded and followed the other to the store.

   While walking, Vernon remembered a question he wanted to ask a few minutes ago. "Shua, why did you go to the graveyard last night? I thought they brought bad memories"

   Joshua slightly smiled. "You're right, they do hold awful memories, but, I can't help but forget where I came from right?" Joshua turned to Vernon. "I needed to remind myself that yesterday, so I took a small visit to the place. If I knew there was a kid running around then I wouldn't have gone"

   Vernon nodded in response. Even though they had spent years together, Vernon couldn't tell what was going on in the olders' head sometimes. Joshua never really talked about himself nor his problems and Vernon was lucky enough to know about them because he is Joshua's adopted son. But it seems like the olders' actions rubbed off on him.

   "We're here. Only grab what you need ok? Tomorrow I'll make sure to compensate your appetite" Joshua slightly chuckled and headed inside with Vernon following along.

   "Oh! Yoon sensei!" Joshua turned to Vernon's voice.

   "Hansol, how are you?"

   "I'm doing fine. It's weird to see you out of school" Vernon said rather sheepish.

   "Vernon, who is this?" Joshua asked.

   "Oh, this is my homeroom and literature teacher"

   "My name is Yoon Jeonghan, and you are?"

   "My name is Joshua, I'm Vernon's legal guardian" He slightly bowed.

   Jeonghan stood there shocked. (Legal guardian? Could this be that Vernon is a...No, there must be another way right?) Seungcheol stepped in once he noticed Jeonghan's uneasiness.

   "Hello, my name is Seungcheol, I'm Jeonghan's friend."

   "Nice to meet you too" Joshua glanced outside. "It's getting late so we should get going. I hope Vernon has been behaving in your class Jeonghan-san"

   At the mention of his name, Jeonghan lost his train of thought. "Ah, yes he's been doing great"

   "I see. Well, if you excuse us, we need to buy some things. It was great meeting you too"

   "Same here" Seungcheol said. Vernon and Joshua waved goodbye and bought a few things on the store. Then, they left.

   "Jeonghan, is everything ok?" Seungcheol said once he saw the other two leave.

   "Yeah, it's just, if Joshua is Vernon's guardian, doesn't this mean that there is a possibility that Vernon is a Yokai?"

   "Wouldn't you've already found out?"

   "Yeah, but there has always been familiar auras in the school. In fact, I never noticed Vernon's to the point of being sure he was a Yokai"

   Seungcheol sighed. "You have a lot of homework this week"

   "I do..."

   "And I don't know what to do to solve it"