Chapter 32

“Wake up”

   Said a voice filled with warmth, a contrast to the wet grass beneath him. As a result, he slowly opened his eyes. The morning sun shining on the horizon.

   “I can’t believe you fell asleep here” He heard the other sigh. “It’ll be a miracle if you’re not sick”

   “It,” He yawned. “really would be”

   With a smile, the other stood up and palmed his clothes. “Welp, hurry up and go shower. We’ll be leaving at 10”

   Confused, Chan arched an eyebrow and turned to look at his feline friend. “To where?”

   “Back to Kyoto” Joshua patted his head. “To our home”

   At this, the younger’s eye twinkled. He immediately stood up and went inside the house, heading over to the bathroom as soon as possible. As he passed by the rooms, the sound of laughter and yells filled the hallways. He found it amusing to see the others running around, searching for the low amount of things they had brought with them the day before. He felt as if they were human.

   “Good morning Chan” Jeonghan said as he came out of his room with a towel warped around his neck.

   “Good morning sensei”

   Due to the sudden honorific, Jeonghan couldn’t help but chuckle. “Call me Jeonghan, sensei seems a bit too formal”

   “But you are my teacher…”

   “As long as we’re out of school I believe not” The other smiled mischievously. “Besides, the whole “sensei” thing makes me feel old”

   Chan frowned. “Really now…”

   “Yeah!” He exclaimed. “I’m only a couple centuries old! That’s still young!”

   “I-I see..”

   “Oh don’t kid around with me! As far as I know being 390 years old is considered ancient in the human world!”

   “Shut up Cheol! Or should I say Mr. I’m 420 years old?!” Jeonghan groaned. “If I’m considered ancient then you’re prehistoric!”

   “What?!”

   “Ignore them Chan,” Minghao said with a sigh as he placed a hand on his nape. “The bath is free if you want to go shower”

   At this, the younger nodded and entered the bathroom before the other two threw hands. He closed the door and placed his things down on a nearby stool, made sure the tub had it’s mat, and started his shower. (*)

   As water came off from the shower head, thoughts began to flood his head once again. Thinking had become his new favorite hobby, and with the new found information it was no wonder why there were countless questions drowning him. How old were they? What did they do before coming here? What was their past? Those were a few of the questions stuck in his throat.

   But the one that bothered him the most had a diverse range of answers. And most of them were enough to send a chill down his spine.

   “Just…” He muttered.

   “Who are they?”

   [ (*) Why did Chan check if there was a mat on top of the tub?

In Japan, the tub only serves as a place of relaxation so it must not be dirtied (by soap, shampoo, dirt, you get the point). As a result, before taking a bath the person usually showers outside of the tub and then gets in the warm water that’s already there. In fact, most of the people in the household use the same water the last person used. However, it isn’t dirtied because the person took a shower before getting in it. ]