Chapter 14

"JEONGHAN!" Jeonghan snapped out of his trance at the sudden yell of his name.

"What?!" He said glaring at Seungcheol.

"What is wrong with you?!"

"I'm fine!" Jeonghan went back to grading the school papers. There was a literature test that morning and Jeonghan had a lot of work to check. However, he kept on zoning out every few minutes.

"Are you sure? Cause since we met that cat you've been really distracted" Seungcheol said while sitting down on a nearby chair. "Wait, do you think he is who I think he is?"

Jeonghan massaged his forehead. "I'm not sure"

"How are you not? Weren't the two of you supposed to marry or something?"

"Look Seungcheol" Jeonghan stared at the older. " It's been approximately 100 years since I last saw him" Jeonghan sighed. "And to add more to the problem, we never talked to the other in a humanoid form. In fact, we would only show up looking like a well dressed cat and a fox with clothes"

"That can probably be the reason for why he also didn't recognize you" Seungcheol crossed his arms. "Seriously, why did the two of you decide to do such a promise?"

Jeonghan smiled. "Oh you'll never know Seungcheol. You've been a single pringle for exactly 220 years" Jeonghan snorted. "No wonder you act like this"

Seungcheol's forehead vain could be seen from where Jeonghan was sitting. "Why is your vain so noticeable? I thought you were a literal skeleton without no veins..or a brain for that matter"

"Why you-"

"Yoon sensei, I finished my club application"

Jeonghan turned around and saw Vernon standing at the door. He smiled widely for he felt that if the other had not showed up he would probably be dead right this second.

"I'm glad to hear that Vernon!" He motioned for Vernon to come in and the other did as told. Seungcheol sighed.

Vernon handed his paper to the other and Jeonghan stared at his choice. "The literature club? Are you sure?"

"Yup!..Wait, should I not join it?"

"No it's fine! It's just that.." (Literally all the members are Yokai! But you might be one too so why not?) "Actually nevermind!"

Vernon stared at his teacher in confusion. "Ok you can go now!" Jeonghan said with a "shoo" motion. Vernon nodded and headed to the door before a sudden yell made him stop in his tracks.

"Wait!" Seungcheol yelled.

Vernon turned around. "I don't know if you remember me, but I met you a while ago at the convenience store. I was wondering if me and Jeonghan here" He eyed Jeonghan. "Could talk to your guardian"

"Eh?!" Vernon shivered. "Why?"

"Because-"

"Please don't tell me I did something wrong! I swear I turned in all my homework and I even erased the blackboard after Seungkwan drew a bunch of d-"

"Vernon calm down!" Seungcheol chuckled. "You're not in trouble nor anything of the sort!"

"Then what is this about?"

"It's something personal between Jeonghan and Joshua" Seungcheol winked.

"Wait don't tell me.."

Jeonghan arched an eyebrow. "What?"

"You should talk to Joshua" Vernon leaned on the door frame. "I feel like you might be the one who he always talks about"

"I see" Jeonghan sighed. "Tell Joshua-san I'll be going to your house tomorrow afternoon" Jeonghan said. "Ask him if he doesn't mind"

"Yessir"

"Vernon wait!"

Vernon was about to walk out when Jeonghan grabbed his wrist. Vernon turned around slowly and saw the teacher with an eye twitching.

"What did Seungkwan drew again?"

"Have a nice day sensei!"

"Vernon come back here!"