Chapter 25

Chan huffed as he ran in the streets of Kyoto. His breath was inexistant and his legs wanted to give up on him. However, he couldn't stop at the moment. If he did, it was game over.

"You know I can do this all day right?" Mingyu chuckled from behind him. "Are you sure you don't want to give up yet?"

"Not-! Yet!" He said as he took deep breaths.

Mingyu shrugged. "Suit yourself"

Chan wasn't ready for all of this. No, he certainly wasn't ready to face his current situation. You see, the only thing he wanted to do at the moment was: go to the nearest library and lock himself in there just to study everything about Yokai. Or perhaps he just wanted to go home and convince himself it was all a big nightmare. That his friends weren't mythical creatures and that this day never existed. But the sting in his knee brought him to reality as he realized he wasn't on his feet and instead, was kneeling on the ground.

"It's all over Chan" Mingyu smiled. "You know too much now, it'd be a hassle if we kept you alive for long"

"Wait!" He held his hand up. "Why are you doing this?! Why are you going after me and my friends?!"

"Don't you know?" He groaned. "They're Yokai, Dino, and the more time they spend living in this world the greater the problems will be. These creatures are dangerous. One of the many reasons for why we suffer. And my job is to get rid of all of them"

Chan looked at the boy that stood before him with widened eyes. (Then that means... Seungkwan and Vernon might not be alive right now!)

The youngest frowned and and ran after throwing a fist of dirt into the other's face. (I need to hurry up and help them!) He thought as he turned a corner and hid behind a wall.

"Where did you go?!" He heard the other yell. However, Chan knew better than to move for he would give away his hiding spot if he did.

The burnett sighed and held his hair back. (Why did this have to happen to me?!) He thought. (If I don't move I'll die but if I do I'll die either way! What should I-)

"Psst, over here"

(Wha..?)

"Look over here!"

Chan looked around in search for the sudden voice and opened his mouth in confusion. There stood a boy with brown colored hair with a tall boy behind him. They were staring very intensely at him from afar causing a wave of questions to suddenly attack his stressed out brain.

"Where are you?!?" Chan heard Mingyu say. "I'll probably get scolded by Wonwoo! It's gonna be your fault you know!!"

One of the boys panicked. "Come quick! He's coming closer to you!"

Chan glanced between Mingyu and the boy, wondering what path he should take. But as he watched the noirette get closer, he made a run to the other and heard them close the door behind him.

"That was close" One of them sighed in relief. "I hope we never have anything to do with this again"

"You don't say"

Chan turned to look at the other twk with a confused, yet hostile, expression. However, as soon as he was able to recognize one of them, he could help but widen his eyes.

"Minghao..?"