Chapter 28

"C..n?"

The boy wiggled in his spot.

"Chan? Can you hear me?"

In an instant, the one called opened his eyes. Filled with panic and worry, the boy woke up breathing heavily. He immediately sat up and looked around the room, trying to identify where he found himself in. However, a soft touch calmed him down as he started to breathe normally again.

"Calm down, Dino. You're safe now" Jeonghan said as disarmingly as he could.

He knew how shocking it can be to face all this, especially if you're not as uncanny as yokai. However, the downside was that he now knew about them, and that was worrying. As much as he loved the kid, Jeonghan didn't know what was going on in his head. He couldn't tell what his true motives were.

"Where..am I?"

"You're in my house at the moment" He helped the younger lay back down, but the other sat back up.

"Where's MIngyu?! And Minghao and Jun?!" Dino narrowed his eyes in pain and placed a hand on his head. "What happened?!"

"A piece of rock hit your head, as a result, you fainted. But don't worry, one of your friends is safe in the other room and one is with Vernon and Seungkwan" He explained calmly. "As for the exorcist kids...Joshua and Seungcheol are interrogating them right now"

Chan sighed in relief. He was happy the others were safe and sound in the insides of this house. However, he now felt nervous to be in the same room as his teacher. A kitsune nonetheless. Creatures that are so close to being perfect that they are even meant to go to heaven once they reach the right age. And although Dino could understand why his teacher was one, he still couldn't believe it.

"Shocked right?" Jeonghan broke the silence. "Especially after you found out in such ways.."

"N-not at all!" He stuttered. "Just a little..overwhelmed"

"It's understandable, no need to worry" The older sat on a nearby chair and placed his head on his palm. "In fact, the one that should feel uneasy about all this should be me"

Chan gulped down saliva as his teacher stared at him with his fox like eyes. Like fire, the look ate him whole. It was frightening.

"Look Chan, I know you're going on an existential crisis right now, but you must understand why I'm being suspicious of you. What are you planning to do with this new found information?" Jeonghan narrowed his eyes. "Are you going to tell everyone in the world? Or are you going to blackmail one of us?"

"Of course not!" He placed a hand over his chest. "You guys are my friends! How could i ever do that?!"

The fox sighed. "I know you wouldn't, but i can't help but feel this way" He looked at the boy with a sad smile. "The world isn't how it used to be" Jeonghan narrowed his eyes. "And even though it may seem better for we now all have rights, the world we live in is cruel and evil. It's unsafe. And to your species eyes"

"So are we"

Chan looked down.

"I'll get going to check up on the others, ok? Your things are right beside you, including your precious phone" The other widened his eyes. "Prove to me you're our ally" Jeonghan opened the door. "Because it would be such a shame to have to kill you" And left.

Just like that, the boy was left alone with his racing thoughts.