Chapter 5

"Chan, can you present yourself?"

   Chan stood up from his desk and walked to the front of the classroom. He wasn't as nervous as he thought he would be, but that didn't mean he wasn't in a state of agitation. He tried, however, to act as brave as he could and began talking.

   "Hello! Um, my name is Lee Chan and I recently moved to Japan with my grandma. I hope we can become friends!"

   "Thank you. You can seat next to Vernon, although I think you already were." He chuckled. "Meet me after school to talk more about the details regarding your assignments and things you might not know about the school"

   Chan sat back in his seat. The teacher made his way to the desk and grabbed a book.

   "Ok class, we'll read for about 20 minutes then clas-"

   The door opened instantly revealing a boy with rose gold hair.

   "I'M HERE, SORRY I'M LATE"

   Chan looked at the teacher expecting some sort of shouting or any reaction, but the teacher just sighed.

   "Please take your seat, we're about to start the lesson"

   The boy imidiately headed to a seat behind Vernon. They shared a look and smiled.

   After that little interruption, the teacher continued.

   "Like I mentioned before, we'll take about 20 minutes of reading and then your first period will start"

   The teacher sat in his desk and started to read a few pages while everyone else did the same.

   After four periods, it was time for lunch. Vernon and the other boy, whose name was Seungkwan, turned to Chan.

   "Wanna seat with us?"

   Chan's eyes twinkled. "Sure!"

   The three boys got out of the class and went to the cafeteria. They got in line, then they sat on a table at the sides.

   "Man, Lee sensei is gonna kill me!"

   "Lee sensei?"

   "Yeah, he's our math teacher. Pretty strict too"

   "He's not all that bad tho. It's just that Seungkwan gets in trouble a lot because he doesn't turn in his homework" Vernon said eyeing Seungkwan.

   Chan chuckled at that. An idea came into his mind.

   "Vernon, Seungkwan, I want to ask you guys something"

   "Go ahead" Vernon said drinking some of his milk.

   "Have you guys ever seen a Yokai?"

   Vernon spit his drink out with some of it landing on Seungkwan. Seungkwan made a face and started to clean it while Vernon on the other side was coughing.

   "Why do you ask that?"

   "Well" Chan explained his last night experience. Seungkwan and Vernon listened to him without interruptions. After he was done, Seungkwan spoke first.

   "Well, I truly don't know what to say..." He scratched his neck.

   Vernon on the other hand looked straight at Chan,"Dude, that's hella awesome. I have never seen a Yokai before so I'm rather impressed"

   "It's fine if you don't believe me," he said looking at Seungkwan, "I just wanted to let you guys know so you can be careful around at night"

   "Thanks"

   The day ended rather quickly, and it was now time to go home. As Vernon had mentioned, Lee sensei was really nice and Chan knew exactly why he was strict with Seungkwan.

   While packing his things, he remembered he had a meeting to attend to with Yoon sensei but was too tired to do so. Even though he entered a couple of months after school had started, he was already hit with a lot of work and that frustrated him. He headed to the teachers' lounge.