Chapter 8

(*)=more information at the end of the chapter.

   "Do you guys know eachother?" Jeonghan asked. He stared at the two who were exchanging looks.

   "I ah...saved him from getting run over?" Seungcheol slightly smiled while he shrugged.

   Jeonghan glanced between Seungcheol and Chan over and over. "Chan," he sighed,"YOU ALMOST GOT WHAT?"

   Chan flinched. "Well, you see, I got distracted and didn't pay attention to where I was going"

   "I'm glad Seungcheol was there" He crossed his arms and then proceeded to clap. "Oh yeah! Chan this is Seungcheol. Seungcheol this is Chan, he's one of my students"

   "Nice to meet you Chan." Seungcheol softly smiled.

   "Nice to meet you too" Chan slightly bowed in return. He looked outside. "It's getting late, I should get going"

   "You're not going to finish your food?" Jeonghan asked the younger.

   "No, I feel like my grandma might have already made something at home"

   "Alright, be careful on your way back" Jeonghan said and took a sip from his coke.

   After Chan had left, Seungcheol turned to Jeonghan. "Was he the kid that saw me yesterday?"

   "Yeah" Jeonghan continued to eat his ramen. "By the way, we need to talk about important matters"

   "Like what?" Seungcheol took a seat next to the younger.

   "In the afternoon, Seungkwan told me about Chan. That's when I found out about your stupid actions"

   Seungcheol rolled his eyes."And?"

   "And he also told me how Chan saw something else. Apparently, he saw a Bakeneko"

   "What? I thought they had been hunted down in this area" He said while stealing a chip from Jeonghan.

   "I thought that too" He continued eating. "Since he told me that, I've been thinking," He looked at Seungcheol. "what if there are other Yokai in this area that we don't know about?" 

   Seungcheol thought for a few seconds, then he sighed. "I'll go buy something" He stood up and went deeper into the store. Jeonghan just stared at the street trough the window. Ever since the accident had occured he had been way too over protective of his friends. Supposedly, a Bakeneko was found in Japan a century ago. It had caused a small village to go on the hunt for said creature and kill a couple of others in the process. In the end, no one knew what had happened to the Yokai and things went back to normal, but for Jeonghan, it had made him very wary of his true appearance. As things changed over time, he started to get more used to humans and now teached them with the help of his infinite wisdom. After all, he is a Kitsune(*).

   Unknowingly, Seungcheol had made it back to the counter with some food. They both sat in silence while looking at the window.

   "What do you think we should do?" Jeonghan asked the older.

   "To be honest...I don't know" He took a bite of some onigiri(*). "It's been so long since I last met other Yokai and, I'm worried about meeting other Yokai too"

   "Why is that?"

   "Not all of them are used to this new generation which can probably end up in some hostile treatment"

   Jeonghan hummed in response. Suddenly, the little bell on the door rang. Jeonghan stopped eating. He felt a new, odd yet familiar vibe reside in the store. He immediately turned his attention to the door and felt his theory come true. There stood a man with pink hair. In fact, his cat like features gave it away.

   "Seungcheol, I think we found our Bakeneko"

[(*) Kitsune- a fox Yokai that is said to be mischievous and malicious. They can grow up to nine tails which can tell you their age. The more tails they have the older they are. Some Kitsune are said to hold amazing wisdom and magical powers.]

[(*) Onigiri- a Japanese food that consists of rice molded into a triangle held by a small rectangular seaweed sheet in the bottom middle.]