Chapter 24

"Seungkwan! Are you ok?!"

However, Vernon could tell the older was far from being so. His pupils were shaking and his chest moved up and down continuously.

"Oh he's fine" Wonwoo said from the side. "I've been wanting to try something new lately and it seems as if it's working alright"

"What did you do?!"

"Just placed a small amount of poison on the blade. Should be sufficient to shut down all the nerves on the Yokai's body and cause them to slowly fall asleep"

(So he wanted to take him out from the start huh?) Vernon frowned.

"Don't take it the wrong way Vernon" Wonwoo waved his hand around. "It's to make a Yokai suffer way less than it may seem"

Vernon laid down the older on the floor and turned around to face Wonwoo. He felt anger rise to his head and slowly take over him. However, it wouldn't do good for him to be driven by emotions at the moment. Wonwoo seemed to be a strong and experienced opponent so putting up a fight will only lead him to his death. But what else could he do? Running wasn't an option.

As a result, he launched himself to the other and swinged his arm with all the strength he had into the other's face. However, said movement was futile for a kick was soon landed in his stomach causing him to be sent off flying into a wall and the blood in his body to escape.

"That's all you got?" Wonwoo tsked. "How pathetic"

At this, Vernon stood up with his mouth dripping blood, as to which, he wiped angrily.

(All I have to do is hold him up until Joshua arrives. Yeah, no need to panic, everything will be ok-)

"Vernon!"

Seungkwan screamed as Wonwoo jumped over to the youngest, his aim going straight to his neck. Vernon doged in time but sadly recieved a cut to his neck. He winced in pain and cursed as he felt the red liquid drip down it.

"So close" Wonwoo sighed. "But I guess I'll have to leave the poison to do it's work"

And just as he said that, Vernon felt his knees grow weak and his breath to get out of control. The poison was already inside him, doing its work at a fast pace.

"I guess this is the end for the octopus and the dragon" He chuckled, but his expression suddenly turned cold and emotionless.

"死ぬ(*)"

[(*) 死ぬ: "die" ]