The Cat and the Fox (pt.2)

(10 years later)

"Soo-chan!" A small boy yelled as he ran towards Jisoo who was currently sitting in the middle of the forest with a book in hand. His loose white kimono really stood out from the dead landscape around him for winter was arriving sooner than they thought.

Jisoo turned to the voice and smiled softly. "Hansol, what is it?"

The small boy sat down on the ground and took heavy breaths. "There's a girl- hurt- river"

"Hansol" Jisoo picked the boy up. "What's wrong?"

"There's a wounded girl by the river!" Jisoo frowned. "She said she needs help!"

Jisoo hummed in acknowledgement and walked deeper into the woods as the boy pointed directions for the cat. However, once they had reached the river, Jisoo could only gasp. There laid a beautiful girl that seemed to be in her teenage years, breathing heavily and with her kimono filled with blood by her lap. Jisoo quickly shape shifted into a human and placed Hansol down, slowly walking to the female.

Jisoo watched her closely. Because of her clothes, Jisoo could tell she was from a wealthy family. And as odd as it may sound coming from him, perhaps they could give Jisoo something in return for their beloved daughter. So, as a result, Jisoo tapped her arm, to make sure if she was still alive. The girl tensed at the sudden touch, but soon calmed down.

She looked at Jisoo. "Please, help me!" She cried. "I need to find my way back home! My family will be very happy to see me again and they will repay you with anything you want!"

"Before I take you to your family, I need to treat you wound" Jisoo frowned. "But for that, I will need to carry you back home" He hesitated. "Does it hurt a lot? I would not like to hurt you more than you already are"

"Just, take me back home, please" Jisoo nodded and crept closer to her. Jisoo heard her yelp as he picked her up in one go and motioned for Hansol to follow close behind them. As they walked back to their small cottage, Jisoo couldn't help but feel bothered by the silence, so he thought it would be best to get to know the mysterious beauty that he now had in his arms.

"So tell me" He continued walking without taking his sight off the road. "How did you end up like this?"

"Well," She smiled. "I was traveling with my family in search for a dress"

Jisoo arched an eyebrow. "Dress?"

"Yes" She blushed. "You see, I'm getting married soon, which means that there will be a wedding taking place in the near future, however, because a lot of Japan is now taking on a more westernized type of clothing, my future husband thought it would be a good idea to base our wedding with something of the sort"

"Ah, I see" Jisoo softly smiled. "You know, I once had a fiance too"

He eyes twinkled. "Really?!" She smiled. "Your wife must be very lucky then! Not only does she have a good looking guy as her husband but a cute little son to take care of" She said as she looked at Hansol who blushed at the compliment.

"Your words are flattering" Jisoo's smile faded. "But Hansol over there is my adoptive son, and, as for my fiance.." He frowned. "It's been a long time since I last saw that fox"

"Fox?" She arched an eyebrow.

"Oh! That's just how I used to call her!" He awkwardly chuckled. "Anyways, how did you get into this mess?"

She looked down. "While riding by the river, our group got attacked by thieves" She said with a sad smile. "Most of the people on our group got either killed or have been scattered along the forest"

Jisoo hummed. "Your husband might be very worried"

"I doubt it" Her smile faded making Jisoo look directly at her. "Ever since our engagement was announced he hasn't talked to me about us once" She said in a sad tone. "I know it might be normal for we are nothing but strangers to one another, but in the short time I've come to know more about him, I can't help but love and cherish him, wishing he could at least look at me as a possible candidate for his heart"

Jisoo sighed. "Give him some time" He said as he climbed the stairs that lead to his house. "As bad as it may seem right now, you guys are technically married, and I bet he will end up falling for you one way or another"

She looked up at him. "Really?"

Jisoo smiled warmly. "Really" He opened the door to his house and played her down on a nearby chair. He crouched down front of her and held her hands in a fatherly manner. "I promise you, I'll help you get back to him, ok?"

"Ok!"

(Thank you for 1k reads~!)