Chapter 31

"I can't believe you repaired the house"

   Joshua said as he stepped in. With a smile, Jeonghan looked over at him and placed a hand on his nape. Narrowing his eyes as he sighed.

   "It was the only place that could hold this many people at the moment, my real house is by the shrine, don't you remember?"

   "Still, the walls that surround us..." He hesitated. "They really do bring back memories"

   At this, Jeonghan gave him a sad smile and held his cheek. "Memories we have longed to forget"

   "Sorry to interrupt,” Vernon said as he walked up to them. The night breeze softly blowing air in his hair. "But I'm more worried about Mingyu and Wonwoo at the moment. What are we planning to do with them?"

   "Considering the fact that they haven't said anything at all nor really have given us any hints, we can't really say for sure" Seungcheol crossed his arms. "The best option at the moment is to wait and see, try to get anything we can out of them”

   “That is, only if they’re willing to cooperate”

   In an instant, silence filled the room. Each and everyone of them finally acknowledgeding how bad their situation was. If they weren’t careful, they all would end up hurt. And that was a sight none of them wanted to see.

   So with a sigh, Jeonghan crossed his arms and finally decided to speak up. “Before we start to make plans for the future, let’s all go rest. My bones are aching and my head is hurting. Too much thinking is giving me a headache”

    At this, Joshua nodded. “I’ll go guide the others to their rooms”

   And once the hallways were once again left alone and filled with the sounds of the night, Chan decided to sneak out and take a peak at the garden. He headed over to the pond that stood right in the middle and carefully picked up a lily pad. With everything going on in the span of a day, the place he was now in was more relaxing than it should be. Causing his eyelids to flutter in an attempt to stay open.

   However, as he continued to process what really happened, Chan couldn't help but bring up a hand to cover his eyes. He brushed his bangs back with his fingers and laid on the grass. And soon enough, a sigh escaped his lips.

   "This is crazy," He said with a smile. "I can't believe what grandpa said was actually true.."

   Yokai, the creatures his grandpa loved to talk about were real, and he found himself to be friends with many of them. But the more he thought about it the more he realized what he had got himself into. And as much as Chan wanted to stay with the others, he knew this path with them would only bring him trouble.

   As he stared at the starry night, Chan let out a breath and closed his eye. And before he knew it, he had fallen sound asleep.

(Arc ONE end)

(Btw hi lol, I'm back)