Chapter 10

It had been a month since Chan had entered school and he hadn't had any encounters with other Yokai anymore. It was like they all knew about him and were being cautious, or at least that's what Chan suspected. But right now that wasn't the most important thing he needed to care for.

"Chan have you decided which club you'll join?" Vernon asked Chan after he had opened his lunch. Seungkwan stared in awe at the homemade bento that stood in from of Vernon and proceeded to try and steal some food.

Chan thought for a while. "Not really...do you guys have any suggestions?"

"I'm not in a club" Vernon gave up on protecting his sacred food and allowed Seungkwan to eat some of it.

"I thought you'd be in art or something" Chan said.

"I mean, I'll enter it but, I don't have the time?"

"Lies~" Seungkwan said while eating. Vernon nudged him.

"Are you in a club?" Chan asked.

"Yes~ In fact, I'm the vice president of the literature club!" Chan and Vernon stared at him in disbelief. "What?"

"You? Reading?" Vernon said in a sarcastic tone.

"For your information, my dear Vernon, I and my fellow friends made the club just to laze around in it" Chan made a noise of disappoinment. "Not everyone loves to read Chan!" Seungkwan said.

Vernon's eyes twinkled. "Why don't we visit your club?" Seungkwan choked on his food.

"Yeah! That's actually a really good idea!" Chan agreed with Vernon.

"Are you guys sure about this?" Seungkwan said after he had finished coughing.

"Of course!" Vernon hummed in agreement.

"Okey...if you say so"

It was now afternoon and the three boys stood in front of a classroom.

"Ok so," Seungkwan started talking. "It might not look too good but it's cozy and nice and-"

"I'm going inside~" Chan walked by Seungkwan and opened the door to reveal a room with only two bookshelves, a couch and a carpet. Seungkwan and Vernon entered after Chan who stood there in shock.

Play music here for better imagery

"Seungkwan what is this?" Vernon asked the older with dead fish eyes.

"Ok, so I know what y'all are thinking, but this was the best we could do with our high school budget!" Seungkwan said pointing at the room.

"Wait, where are the other two?" Chan asked. They heard muffled sounds coming from a nearby closet. Vernon went to it and opened the door. Two boys came out of the closet and fell to the ground making a loud "thud".

"Eh?! You guys were meant to come out in an elegantly cool way!" Seungkwan whined. Vernon sighed and helped a boy that had burnett colored hair and, a rather straight nose, up.

"It's not our fault! The door got stucked and we couldn't open it!" The boy who was on the ground shouted. He had burnett colored hair and slanted eye with puffy cheeks.

"What's going on?" Chan asked, Vernon on the other hand still had his dead fish eye expression. The three boys gathered together and mumbled what Chan thought was a cheer. Then, they proceeded to stand in front of Chan and Vernon.

Seungkwan breathed in. "Hello and welcome to the literature club!" The three formed a V formation.

"WE ARE BOO!" Seungkwan crouched down and placed his hand on top of his head.

"SEOK!" He made a ninja pose.

"SOON!" He crouched down and made a dabbing pose(?).

Vernon mentally face palmed. Chan just stood there with a tired smile. (This is going to be a long day...)