Chapter 4

Chan woke up to the sun rays caressing his face. He stretched and sat up, blinking his eyes a couple of times to get used to the light. However, after a while of not being able to open his eyes fully he layed back down. He knew he had something to do that day but he couldn't point it out. That is until a loud yell awoke him.

   "CHAN ITS TIME FOR SCHOOL!!! GET DOWN HERE AND EAT BREAKFAST"

   He instantly stood up and ran to his bathroom. It was still early on the day so he decided to take his sweet time to get ready by wasting some time in the shower thinking about random things. After a couple of minutes, he got out and prepared for school. He stared at his reflection on the mirror, did a couple of poses, and walked out.

   "Good morning grandma" He greeted.

   "Did you forget to set an alarm clock? If I remember correctly, I specifically told you about school today" She huffed. Chan's grandma was kind and sweet most of the time, but when it came to responsibilities she was very neurotic.

   "I do" he exhaled.

   She smiled. "Eat up, I don't want you to be late on your first day" She said while placing a plate on the table.

   The day was calm and breezy. The cherry blossom trees swayed with the wind, their petals dancing to the sweet lullaby. Chan was reminded about the guy he saw the other night. He was really curious as to why he was there and if he had planned to eat a human. He sighed. Chan needed to do more researching.

   Unknowingly, he reached the school gate.

   "Vernon!" He heard someone scream. The voice sounded familiar and honey like. He turned to were the sound came from.

   "Joshua? What are you doing here?" The boy called looked very surprised.

   "You forgot your lunch" he panted smiling. When Chan got a good look tho, he noticed the older's light pink hair and couldn't help but stare at him. He wondered if he was the being he had seen last night.

   "Oh! Thank you!" The Vernon guy said.

   "Have a good day at school!"

   The pink haired guy waved goodbye while the other went inside. After a couple of seconds he looked at Chan's direction and caught him staring. Chan flinched in surprised and bowed slightly. The older smiled and waved. Chan felt a blush run to his cheeks. He turned his heel and went inside.

   "How embarrassing!" He said to himself. He really thought the person he just saw was the Bakaneko from last night. He seemed normal enough to be a Yokai, but then again, some Yokai could shape shift into humans which only caused Chan to feel more confused than he already was. He decided to leave the topic for he now has to focus on finding his class.

   He walked aimlessly in the hallways till he found the class. He opened the doors and was greeted by loud chattering.

   "Dude, I can't believe you did that!"

   Chan recognized one of the voices that spoke. He looked up and saw the boy who was called out by the pink haired guy. Chan quickly thought of an excuse to get to talk to him. He really didn't want to spend his first weeks of school lonely.

   "Excuse me"

   The two boys looked at him.

   "Is this class 110?" He asked.

   "Ah! Yes. It is. Wait are you the new guy? I'm Hansol, but often go by Vernon" he shrugged. "Nice to meet you!" His smile was wide and happy.

   "I'm Chan! Nice to meet you too!"

   "Can't believe you decided to join school during spring"

   "I didn't have much of a choice. I recently moved in to Japan so my Japanese isn't that good either"

   "Really? Where do you come from?"

   "Korea"

   "Sick. I used to live in Korea but have been here in Japan for quite a while now" Vernon said in Korean. Chan smiled widely. He was happy he could speak Korean with someone else. "Apart from that" he continued, "I have a friend who has lived in America too so I know English because of him. I thought you might want to know since I look kind of foreign"

   "Yeah I was wondering about that. It must be nice to know three languages huh?" He crossed arms.

   "Nah, it's actually much of a hassle. You get to hear people's conversation that might involve you"

   "The teacher is coming!" A girl shouted at the door caching both Chan's and Vernon's attention.

   Everyone, including Chan, sat down quickly. In a few seconds, a man with brownish orange hair came in. He looked amazing for his age, which Chan thought might be around 30. He had what Chan thought to be fake glasses for they didn't have any glass in them, and was wearing a white stripped shirt half tucked in some black jeans. He could hear a few of the female students squeal behind him.

   "Good morning. We have a new student join in today" He looked at Chan.

   "My name is Yoon Jeonghan and I'll be your teacher from now on"