Chapter 15

It was now afternoon and Jeonghan was walking on various stairs that lead to his house. If it was another person walking up this path, they would most likely die due to exhaustion. Well, not literally, but, instead, metaphorically for the set of stairs seemed to be going on forever and ever and even Jeonghan wondered if he would be able to make it to the top before collapsing onto the floor.

He had a very reasonable reason to feel this way, however. After chasing Vernon around and finding out about Seungkwan's doing, he couldn't help but feel tired for Seungcheol was just standing there watching him do all the work while laughing like if he had never done so before. (I'll have to talk to those kids..) He thought and let out a groan. (Why did I decide to become a teacher in the first place?!)

Jeonghan stopped in his path. (Ah.. that's right....) Suddenly, memories of a certain cat flooded in. Moments of a fox and a cat being together throughout the day and having fun without much work caught his attention for they were later followed by the image of a kid running around in the forest. Jeonghan wondered, were they real? Did this actually happen? He couldn't tell. The memories seemed to be a reality that happened long ago. Too far away from the current generation in which Jeonghan found himself living in that they appeared to be nothing but a dream.

The leaves shivered around him and Jeonghan got out of his trance at the noise. Once he reached his house, he collapsed onto the bed and let his fox tails and ears out. (What am I going to do now?) He thought. The memories were becoming painful every time he would reminisce the old days. Not being able to experience such happiness again made his stomach sick. And all because of that meeting he had with Joshua. Jeonghan wasn't sure if it was because of the familiar aura the other gave off, or if it was the smile that Jeonghan remembered to well, but he knew Joshua had to have a connection with those thoughts. A connection with that Bakeneko he had fallen in love with.

Jeonghan laid there with his thoughts racing, that's is, until he heard a loud thud come from outside later followed by a groan. He immediately stood up and went to a nearby window. Jeonghan saw the figure stand up and pat his back lightly. The other had a very slender figure and Jeonghan could tell the person wasn't human for he saw the silhouette of a tail and ears.

Jeonghan slowly walked to the door and opened it. He saw the figure flinch and his ears twitch. In a leisured manner, Jeonghan walked to the being and saw him turn around. The person ran away and Jeonghan chased after him. There it was, that familiar aura that Jeonghan had felt a while ago.

Jeonghan ran as fast as he could to catch the other. If that aura was nearby it meant only one thing, that it was Joshua. After a few steps, Jeonghan finally catched up to the other and pushed himself to the other. Joshua turned around and screamed at the feeling of a body falling on top of. Joshua sat up and was ready to run before he felt a hand tug his arm. He looked at the figure behind him and his eyes widened.

"Jeonghan..?"

"Surprise~"