Chapter 11

"So..are planning to join the club?" Chan asked Vernon. The two of them had left earlier than planned, leaving the other three to fool around in the club. They were now walking in the streets of Kyoto heading to their designated destinations.

   "Hmmmmm, I'm not sure. Are you joining?"

   "I think I might?"

   "Hey, if you join I'll join. That way we won't suffer from the shenanigans of the gag trio" Chan laughed at that.

   "Gag trio? Is that how we're going to call them from now on?"

   "I think so" Vernon smiled. "Hey, are you free today?"

   "Hm? Yeah, I am"

   "Let's hang out at my house then!" Vernon smiled enthusiastically and Chan joined him. It was the first time he'll go to a friend's house in Japan and he was really excited about that.

   "Sure!"

   "Come on let's go!" Chan followed Vernon and soon enough they arrived at the others' house. Vernon opened the door and they were both greeted by a delicious smell. Vernon walked inside and Chan followed.

   "Joshua I'm home!" Vernon yelled once he had placed his shoes down. Chan did the same and followed Vernon to the living room. "Make yourself comfortable" Chan sat on the couch and took in the scenery. The house seemed to be small, enough to make two people comfortable. The living room had two big door windows that allowed the sunlight to come in and Chan absolutely loved that. The house already had a very homie feeling to it and Chan thought the astethic of the house couldn't become more simple than it already was.

   "Hello! You must be Vernon's friend, Chan, am I right?" It was the guy Chan had seen in front of the school gate some time ago. His pink hair really helped Chan recognize him.

   "Y-yes" Chan mentally scolded himself for stuttering.

   Joshua smiled. "Vernon has told me so much about you. I'm glad I could finally meet you" Joshua slightly bowed. "My name is Joshua, please, make yourself at home! I'll call the two of you out once the food is ready" Joshua went back to the kitchen and Vernon signaled Chan to followed him to his bedroom. Chan smiled and stood up.

   "It's kind of messy but please ignore it" Vernon said once he opened the door. Chan gasped.

   "Wow! Your room is very cool!" Chan stepped inside. And indeed, the room was very nicely designed. With dark blue walls and black floor tile, the room gave an American vibe to it. Fairy lights hanged from the ceiling and the bed was covered in white blankets. There was a small desk at the side and a small TV in front of the bed.

   "I'm glad you have nice tastes" Vernon wiped a fake tear. Vernon motioned for Chan to take a seat and the other did as told.

   "So...what do you want to do?" Chan asked Vernon. The other stopped to think.

   "I don't know" He shrugged. "Do you want to play some videogames?"

   "Sure?" Chan replied. They both sat down on the bed and played for a couple of hours. Suddenly, however, Chan heard a thunder.

   "Thunder?" He asked. He walked to the window and saw rain pouring outside.

   "How odd...I thought today was going to be a very sunny day" He sighed. "Or at least, that's what the news said"

   Vernon stood up. "I think I'll go to the restroom" Vernon quickly excused himself out of the room leaving a confused Chan behind.

   "Ok?"

   Vernon entered the restroom sweating waterfalls. (Why does it have to rain at this very moment?) He asked himself. He could feel his skin boil, screaming for the touch of water. Vernon silently cursed. (No, not now!) Slowly, scales started to appear. The change was beginning.