The Cat and the Fox (pt.3)

"Hansol, be careful" Jisoo said as he watched the young kid jump in the water that was now turning into ice.

   "Won't he get sick?" The girl beside him asked.

   "He'll be fine" Jisoo looked at her and smiled. "Believe me, ok?"

   "Ok...?"

   Jisoo chuckled at her reaction. It had been two weeks since he had last found Yumi right next to the river in a wounded condition. Of course, being the good samaritan that he is he didn't leave her there to freeze to death or possibly die from blood lost. Because of this and the promise he made of bringing her back to her family, however, Jisoo now found himself riding a horse to the house of the younger. But, during his journey, Jisoo couldn't help but wonder, why didn't her dear husband search for her throughout the weeks? Did he really not want to marry her? And why didn't he? During the time he had spend with Yumi, Jisoo knew the younger was a kind, beautiful, humble woman, so why waste your opportunity, right?

   His thought were soon interrupted by the loud squeal Yumi did beside him.

   "We're here!" She yelled. Indeed, right in front of them stood two gigantic red doors that could only mean they had arrived their designated destination.

   Jisoo jumped out of his horse and helped Yumi get down of hers. Hansol hid behind Jisoo as a tall men walked closer to them acknowledging their presence.

   "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

   Jisoo frowned. "I thought you lived here" He whispered.

   "I do!" Yumi pouted. "He must be new, I don't recognize him"

   Jisoo was starting to panic. "Then tell him something, I don't know!"

   Yumi grinned. "Don't tell me you're scared?"

   "I have a four year old right behind me and a 17 year old right beside me, I'm the one who's responsible if anything happens to the two of you!"

   "Enough chit chat you two!" The man in front of them yelled catching the attention of the other two. "If you don't tell who you are or what you want to me right now, I will-"

   "What's all this ruckus about?!" A man that seemed to be in his 30's opened the door. "Seriously, you can't do anything properly can you Tanaka!"

   "Father" The man turned to the voice and froze. "Father!" She ran to him and hugged him tightly. Jisoo watched as the shock in the man's face soon got replaced with tears.

   "Are you ok?" He inspected her. "Where were you? What happened? Were you hurt? Are you feeling well? Is there anything I can do to help you-"

   "Calm down father" Yumi chuckled. "I'm fine, really, all thanks to him" She turned around and looked at Jisoo who stood there awkwardly.

   He let go of her. "Who are you?"

   Jisoo flinched at the sudden question. "Oh! My name is Jisoo" He slightly bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr.Aizawa"

   Yumi's father held his hands. "Thank you for taking care of her!" He looked behind Jisoo and smiled. "Please, allow me to treat you and your son for dinner, it's getting late and I wouldn't want to know something bad happened to the two of you on your way back"

   "I accept the offer" Jisoo smiled. "Thank you sir"

   "No need to thank me!" The man smiled. "Now please, follow me, I don't want you to freeze in this weather-"

   "Yoon!" Yumi's voice interrupted the olders' sentence.

   "Yumi! You're alive!"

   (That voice..) Jisoo thought. (It's so familiar..) He turned around and was met with a handsome man that seemed to be in his 20's. He had black hair and a bright angelic smile as he gave a slight hug to the female.

   "Oh!" He said as he caught Jisoo staring. "I apologize for my manners, after everything you've done you must be expecting a thank you from us"

   "There's no need!" Jisoo smiled.

   "What's your name sir?" Hansol said looking at the man from behind the older.

   The man chuckled. "My name is Angel, and I'm Yumi's fiance"