Chapter 13

Joshua knocked aggressively on the door. Vernon just stared at his hyung like if the other needed help.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" A short purple haired boy opened the door.

Vernon gasped. "Lee sensei?!"

"Hello Jihoon~!"

"Vernon? Joshua?" Jihoon narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh don't be so hostile towards me Jihooni~" Joshua said. Vernon stared at the older. He could oddly hear a cat's purr from the way he spoke.

Joshua's smiled. "I need your help"

Jihoon flinched. "Is everything ok?"

"I need to talk to you about something, most specifically, something about Vernon here"

"Ok? Come in" Jihoon stepped aside for the other two and they did as told. Joshua sat on the couch in the living room and Vernon did the same.

"Do you guys want anything? Coffee? Water?"

"Why do you drink coffee at this hour of the day?" Joshua asked as he crossed a leg over the other. "It isn't healthy for you Jihooni"

"I run on coffee Shua" Jihoon scoffed. "Now, do you want anything or not?"

"I'll appreciate it if you were to give me a cup of green tea"

Jihoon nodded. "Do you want anything Vernon?"

"No thank you Lee sensei"

Jihoon smiled. "Sensei is a little bit too formal don't you think? I would appreciate it if you were to call me Jihoon-san instead"

"O-ok Jihoon-san"

"Much better" Jihoon smiled. He served himself and Joshua a cup of green tea and went to sit in front of the other two.

"So, what's wrong?"

"For starters, Vernon, Jihoon, the both of you are Yokai" Joshua said in a calm voice; like if being a Yokai was the most normal thing in the world.

"WHAT?!" Vernon stood up. "No way..."

"I had my theories" Jihoon took a sip from his cup. "I knew you wouldn't adopt a kid just because, there had to be a reason, so I assumed he too was a Yokai"

"Smart" Joshua motioned for Vernon to sit back down. "But that's not the reason for why I came here on this rainy day"

"Besides, you're not working either so might as well talk about important matters, right?"

Jihoon eyed Joshua. "And those are?"

"Vernon here is a Mizuchi, which can only mean one thing"

"That his true form is awoken during rainy days or by the touch of water"

"Correct" Joshua took a sip from his tea cup. "And I was wondering if you, an Amefurikuzo*, could help us by casting a spell on him that would not reveal his identity for the next few days"

"Are you kidding me?!" Jihoon placed his cup on a small table. "Only Kitsunes have powerful powers to do that!"

"Please Jihoon, at least put a spell on him that makes it last for 2 days, until the rain goes away that is!"

Jihoon bit his lip. "Fine, but don't expect too much from me ok? I don't even know if it's going to work properly"

Joshua smiled warmly. "Thank you, Jihoon"

Jihoon stood up and headed to Vernon. The older looked at the blonde and placed two fingers on his forehead. Vernon flinched.

"It's going to hurt for a bit ok? Try to hold the pain in for a while" Vernon nodded worriedly and after a few seconds, he started to feel the scales in his skin scratch his bone. Vernon winced at the sudden feeling of getting stabbed.

"It's going to be ok" Joshua patted his back. "You got this"

Jihoon removed his fingers away from the forehead of the younger and headed to the kitchen to serve the other some water.

"How are you feeling?" He asked the younger from afar.

"I feel like I've been stabbed right trough my bones"

"The pain will last for a couple of hours but it should do to at least keep you in your human form for two to three days" Jihoon handed him a cup of water. "I can't assure you that it'll fully work tho, so be careful when you're close to water. We are in spring after all so might as well make sure to head home when you see the sky darken"

Vernon nodded. "Thank you Jihoon" Joshua said once again standing up and placing his cup in the sink. "But it's getting late and we have to go. Vernon and you have school tomorrow"

"I hope you finished your math homework Vernon"

"I made sure he did" Joshua said eyeing Vernon.

Vernon sighed. "When you look at my homework and wonder, "why are there tear marks on his paper?" then now you know"

Jihoon laughed. "Get home safely you two"

"Thank you again Jihoon"

Jihoon smiled. "My pleasure"

[(*) Amefurikuzo-A child that appears during the rain. They can make rain fall and are often seen as servants of Ushi.]