Chapter 16

(How awkward..) Jeonghan thought. Joshua sat in front of him drinking a cup of green tea Jeonghan had offered. Although, he could tell the other was comfortable for his tail and ears were out, which was something a Yokai wouldn't do in front of others, the atmosphere was really quiet and even Jeonghan felt himself get bothered by it.

"So you're a Kitsune?" Jeonghan flinched in surprise by the sudden voice and turned to look at Joshua who was staring right at him.

"Y-yes" (Why am I so nervous?!) He asked himself. (Joshua is probably not the one...in fact, maybe he isn't the one!)

"Jeonghan-san" Jeonghan turned to look at Joshua once again. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"Are you sure? Cause your hands are telling me otherwise" Indeed, Jeonghan's hands were shaking in nervousness.

"Oh" Jeonghan smiled and scratched the back of his neck. 'I didn't notice"

"I see" Joshua took a sip from his cup and placed it on the coffee table that stood in front of him. "I appreciate the tea and your hospitality, but it's getting late and I need to head home. Besides, school must be hard right now and I feel like you should take some rest" Joshua stood up and headed to the door. "If you excuse me, I will now take my leave" He bowed and opened the door, however, he felt a hand in his arm stop him from doing so.

"Don't go" Joshua turned around and looked at Jeonghan standing behind him. "Please..stay"

Joshua's eyes widened. (What..?) He thought. While he did that, he felt Jeonghan pull him inside into the couch and balance him into a sitting position.

"Would you like more tea?" Joshua got out of his trance and nodded. Jeonghan headed to the kitchen.

(How odd) Joshua thought. Why would Jeonghan want him to be there when it's very clear that the both of them don't know eachother? That they're both strangers to one another? Besides, Joshua was merely a Bakeneko, a cat that turned because he was mistreated and beaten, so why was he getting treated so nicely by a Kitsune? A creature that has power above many? Joshua felt himself fall into the depths of confusion.

"I ran out of green tea, however, I did find some black tea..is that ok with you?"

Joshua looked at Jeonghan and nodded. The older smiled and handed him the cup filled with said liquid. After that, everything became just like it was before, awkward, and silent, and with a thick atmosphere surrounding them.

Although, Joshua normally doesn't get bothered by a little bit of awkward silent, for some reason he wanted to escape. He regretted coming to the shrine late at night to clear his head, and the reason for why he even needed to do so sat in front of him. You see, ever since Joshua had met Jeonghan he was reminded of memories that pained him in every flashback. And as much as Joshua wanted to forget them, he couldn't, because the person he used to love was in them. And Joshua didn't want to forget him.

"Joshua" The one called got startled by the sudden voice that stopped the silence. "I need to ask you something"

"Sure.."

"Are you.." Jeonghan hesitated. (How can I ask this?! To a person that might be a stranger to add?!)

Joshua tilted his head to the side. "Are you?"

Jeonghan gulped. "..Are you.. Jisoo?"

A thick air formed around them. Joshua stood up and headed to the door as fast as he could. However, Jeonghan didn't allow that, for he formed a barrier that prohibited anything from coming in or getting out.

"Why are you doing this?!" Joshua turned to Jeonghan. "Why are you asking me that?!"

"Because I-"

"Don't you dare tell me because you love me!" Joshua could feel crystal like tears fall from his eyes.

"Jisoo..I- You-" Jeonghan looked down. "I'm sorry"

Joshua felt his heart race at the words. He didn't know how to react. Should he run? Should he accept the apology? Should he even feel the need to accept the apology? But of course, the only thing Joshua wanted to do was get out of there as fast as possible and possibly forget all of this night even happened in the first place.

"Jeonghan, let me out, please" Joshua begged.

"No" Jeonghan could feel his eyes water by the second.

"Jeonghan-"

"No!" He pulled the younger to him, making Joshua's head fall in his chest. "I don't want to loose you again!"

"Jeonghan, please!" Joshua tried to pull himself away but it was futile for the older would only hug him tighter with every pull. "Jeonghan!"

"I'm sorry" Joshua could feel his shoulder start to get damp. "I'm so sorry"

The younger finally gave up and let his hands fall to the sides. He didn't want to be here, but Joshua couldn't seem to be able to escape. The only thing left to do was to talk and listen.