Chapter 7

Chan came home from school and flopped himself on the bed. His grandma was at a friend's house for tea so he had the house all for himself.

   He had gone to explore the clubs with Seungkwan after school but he wasn't interested in any of them. Besides, the school was filled with clubs so they didn't get to look into many of them either way. As a result, they had planned to go and look into the remaining ones the next day.

   Chan's stomach grumbled. He headed downstairs in search of some food but didn't find anything he found appetizing.

   "Guess I'll have to go out huh?" He said with a sigh. He feared the Gashadokuro he saw last night would appear again today but his hunger was more important at the moment. So, he dressed in a hoodie and some pants and headed to the front door. He didn't plan on spending hours in the local convenience store either way.

   Chan walked out of the door and took a deep breath. He loved the scenery before him. Cherry blossom petals were stacked like snow on the ground and the sunset filled the sky with different kinds of shades that were pleasing to the eye. He continued walking while looking up, ignoring all the sounds around him and just focused on the wind caressing his skin. He felt a sudden pull on his arm.

   "Are you ok?"

   He turned around and was met with a guy who had blueish grey hair and big eyes.

   "Didn't you hear my shouting? You were almost runned over by a car!"

   "Really? I was distracted, sorry" Chan showed an apologetic smile. "Thank you for stopping me from doing so"

   "I'm glad you're fine. Just...be more careful next time"

   The pedestrian crossing light turned green. The stranger made a small wave at Chan and continued to walk forward. Chan stared at him from afar but the sound of cars running by made him get out of his trance. (That voice...it was kind of familiar...) He thought. He waited for the light to change again and walked trough when it finally did.

   Chan walked into the convenience store and walked straight into the beverage section. He then proceeded to grab a cup of ramen and poured in some steaming water into it. After that was done, he went to the counter and payed for his food. He sat on a chair and placed his food on the counter that was on the convenience store. A cough startled him. He looked to his side and was very much surprised.

   "Yoon sensei? What are you doing here?"

   "You know, eating something while waiting for a friend. And, how are you? Have you finished your assignments for my class? Have you ate yet?"

   "Hmm, I'm fine, I'm still working on it and I'm about to eat right now"

   Mr. Yoon chuckled. "Well, I'm glad to hear that"

   Silence fell upon them.

   "So...sensei, who are you waiting for?" Chan asked feeling a little awkward talking to his teacher out of class.

   "I'm waiting for a close friend named Seungcheol. But, I believe he got lost on his way here" He said while scratching his neck.

   "I see" Chan said slurping some of his ramen.

   "Yeah, he promised me some food as an apology but now he's running late" Me. Yoon sighed. "Seriously, this guy..."

   The bell on the door rang.

   "Jeonghan!" Mr. Yoon turned to his name being called. "Sorry I'm late I got a little-" Chan turned around. The man stared at him. "Oh.... hello"

   Chan opened his eyes widely. It was the stranger who had saved him.