Side story : Little brothers (1)

Today too, it was raining. Ironically, like a clichéd sad drama, it was raining.

A young man who's old enough to go to college, looked at his phone and saw the weather prediction. It will still be raining for the next 3 days.

He sighed.

He looked at the clock, and it was time to feed the stupid fish. He has a pet betta fish in a 5 gallon planted tank. Months ago, he brought it home and started taking care of it. The betta fish is doing well, it's name is Nak, which means Child or kid in his native language.

This fish likes to eat dried worms more than fish pellets. It would sometimes sleep on top of the plants or play with some bubbles. It would get aggressive when you put your finger on the aquarium surface. Such personality for a creature this small.

The young man fed the little fish with dried worms as the betta gobble it all in one go. He watched it eating aggressively through the glass. He then turned on the heater for the fish, so that the water temperature will be right for it. He's honestly glad that this lil fellow survived under his care.

You see, this little betta, is actually not originally his. It was his sister's.

He found the little guy on his sister's apartment. Unfed for a week, surrounded by some dead plants that haven't been fertilized yet. Though somehow, this guy kept swimming even though he's weak. What a tough little cookie.

But just for the fact that the guy is still alive after not being taken cared for a week, proves that his sister, took good care of him.

He remembered, back then, months ago, he just got back home, only to find his mother screaming and crying after watching the News. He was shocked and immediately tried to calm his mother by making her seat on the sofa and provided her a box of tissues hoping that she would stop crying.

But no, his mother kept screaming and crying spewing out nonsense while overall just having a mental breakdown. He still didn't know why she's like this, until he saw what's on the television. The news were a bit far ahead, so he grabbed the remote and rewinded it back to a couple of minutes ago.

"Breaking News :

December 19th 2xxx, on xxxxxx street central xxxx, there's been a huge explosion caused by a leaking gas pipe underground.

The explosion caused the death of many pedestrians, it appears there was a man who was smoking at the same time near the leakage, thus caused the huge explosion to ignite.

8 people confirmed dead, while 5 is injured. Tragically, some of the victim lost their body parts while some of their faces can't be recognized anymore. Though some still have their IDs intact and the investigation team managed to restore some of their stuff.

Next, are the images of the fallen victims that could be recognized through their IDs.

*Tv shows the IDs of those dead people. *

The young man kept watching and he didn't know anyone who died, until... He saw a familiar name and face in the death list. The first thing that he thought was, no wonder why his mother kept screaming and crying.

The fact that a kid surpassed their parents in death, would make any caring parents be devastated. And his mother is currently going through this. While he couldn't help but just stood there, staring silently at the tv, not knowing what to say because of how shocked he is.

*Beep Beep Beep Beep*

Ah, his alarm is ringing. He forgot to set it off.

He swiped the alarm off, before going on to watch some tv. He turned it on, and the first thing that he saw was the News. The same News channel that told the death of his sister. He wanted to immediately change it, but he thought it might be nice to give it a chance.