14

They arrived at the resort within an hour. Jungkook was looking furious the whole time he was inside the car but now his features seemed to lighten.

The party was happening on the fifth floor of the resort. They entered the lift and soon reached the venue. The whole fifth floor was arranged for the party.  The main party hall was beautifully decorated. There were tables for people around the hall, a bar towards the back and a dance floor. There was a light melody playing and food was being arranged by the catering servicemen who looked identical in their uniform and black bow tie.

Other than them, there were only a few people in the hall, the employees who worked at the resort. On seeing their boss, they quickly hurried over to greet him. Many of them already knew Jungkook but nobody knew Taehyung since he was coming there after a long time. The last time he came to the resort was when his mother was alive. Taehyung greeted and smiled back at the employees as Mr Jeon introduced him to them. He didn't fail to notice the annoyed expression on Jungkook's face but he decided to just ignore it.

Mr Jeon went somewhere after leaving his sons in the hall. Jungkook soon went out of the hall to somewhere else. Taehyung decided to go and help the men arranging the chairs since he had nothing else to do and nobody had arrived yet.

By about 5:30 pm, people started arriving. Mr Jeon called Taehyung to come down to welcome the guests and he immediately went down. As he reached there, he saw his Dad and hyung standing near the main door greeting the guests. He quickly ran to them.

"Hey, Jeon, long time no see," a man who just walked in said hugging Mr Jeon. With him was his wife and their daughter who looked 16 or 17. She smiled at Jungkook and he smiled back at her. She then looked at Taehyung and he also offered her a smile.

Mr sung introduced his wife and daughter and Mr Jeon introduced his sons. Jungkook was really angry when Mr Jeon introduced Taehyung first this time. Their employees guided them to the elevator. Guests kept coming.  After sometime, Taehyung started feeling tired of all the shakehands and smiles. He side eyed Jungkook and the older also looked really annoyed, as if fighting so hard to control his anger. Sure, Taehyung might be the cause of his anger. The younger just decided ignore it again.

By about 6:30, the resort was filled with people. The majority of the guests had arrived. Then came Mr Jeon's business partner Mr Lee and his son Eunwoo. Jungkook hugged Eunwoo as soon as he reached them. Jungkook and Eunwoo were childhood friends and classmates during primary school. Eunwoo also knows Taehyung. They have played together a lot during their happy childhood days. It's almost 8 years since Taehyung saw him. Now he has become so handsome. Jungkook sometimes visits Mr Lee's house along with Mr Jeon that they are still good friends.

Eunwoo however doesn't know about Jungkook's hatred towards Taehyung. Everytime, Jungkook comes to meet him,  he would ask about the younger but Jungkook always says some excuses. He never mentioned Eunwoo anything about his deteriorated relationship with his step brother that when Eunwoo finally saw Taehyung, he smiled wide at him. Taehyung offered back a warm smile, eventhough he was tired. Jungkook glared at him and he decided to challenge the older by smiling a bit more widely at his friend.

Almost all the guest's had arrived, so Jungkook excused himself and went along with Eunwoo. To Taehyung's surprise, Eunwoo turned back and winked at him before wrapping his hands around Jungkook's shoulder and walking away. Taehyung hopped Jungkook didn't notice the other's action. After welcoming a few more guests, Taehyung also went back to the party hall.

The hall was now filled with people. A slow music was playing. People were chatting here and there. A group of women were standing and talking and smiling at one side. There were also groups of men sitting around tables sharing talks. Taehyung saw Jungkook and a group of guys around his age sitting around a table. Eunwoo was also there. Taehyung didn't know what to do or where to go. He looked for Mr Jeon and saw him standing with a group of older men. Should I go and stand with him? No, that won't be a good Idea. May be they are discussing business matters or something.