39

Taehyung bend down to pick the broken necklace from the floor. For the previous two minutes, he had been standing there still after Jungkook pulled away from the kiss, opened the door and stormed out of the room, leaving him there in utter shock.

He picked the necklace and bend up only to spot a small gift box with a red silk ribbon around it sitting on the older's desk. He walked to it and took it in his hands being sure it's a gift brought by Jungkook for him. And then he found his name written on the box. He put that necklace down on the table and untangled the ribbon. He slowly opened the top to reveal a silver necklace inside it. He carefully took it out. It had a beautiful locket with angel's wings and on the back had a small tiger image and the words 'Love you Tiger' inscribed in small fonts. Again a few delicate winged butterflies flapped their wings inside Taehyung's tummy. He understood why the older said that he won't need his gift anymore. But he wanted his hyung's gift more than anything.

Taehyung sat on the older's bed with the two necklaces in his both hands. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't even properly understand what just happened.

I hate seeing you with him. I don't like him touching you. I can't handle this anymore.

And hyung kissed me on my lips. And I didn't push him away! Hyung kissed me! He kissed me on lips! Why did he do that? Does he love me like that? What's happening?! And what happened to me?

After sitting in shock for sometime, Taehyung felt blank. He stood up and walked out of the room with both the necklaces. He saw Jungkook standing in the balcony, hitting his fist repeatedly on the balcony railing and cursing. Taehyung wanted to ask him about the kiss but he felt really nervous. But atlast he decided to ask him.

"Hyung..."

Jungkook didn't turn. Taehyung saw him taking his hands from the railing to wipe his face.

"Hyung, what was that ?"

"I'm sorry," Jungkook mumbled

"Look at me."

"Do you hate me now?" Jungkook asked, still not turning.

"Look, you bought this for me?"
Jungkook turned and looked only at Taehyung's hand. He was unable to look at the younger's face. He felt like all the courage he showed to kiss the younger, now flew away.

"y..yes."

"Why did you kiss me?"

"Tae...j..just forget it. I'm sorry."

"Hyung, what do you mean by telling me to forget it? Why did you kiss me? And why do you hate seeing me with him? Why did you break the chain he gave?"

"I- I will try to fix that chain."

"It's not easy to fix it. Tell me why you kissed me. What did you mean by that kiss?"

"I love you, Tae," Jungkook said and turned around. He then broke out into tears. Taehyung somewhat expected it but he froze when Jungkook said it. He didn't know what to do or say next. Jungkook was crying but he was not in a state to console him. He was utterly shocked. So, he turned his heels and walked away, leaving Jungkook alone.

He loves me? He loves me! He is my brother and he loves me like...? What the hell is he saying? Is that why he ignored me? Oh God! He loves me!

Taehyung kept on saying the same thing again and again in his mind for hours and hours. He couldn't sleep. He squirmed on the bed. Something suffocating him. He sat up and took off the earrings he were wearing. Then he took off the bracelet Jimin gave him. Then he felt like the make up on his face formicating. He went to the bathroom and washed his face. But still he was not relieved. He decided to take a shower and he showered for the third time that day at midnight.