38

Taehyung looked at his phone, then turned and looked at the door. He was sitting at his study. The dim light of the night lamp barely lit the room. The house was filled with darkness and utter silence. There was no light coming from the next room. Usually Jungkook won't sleep at this time but today he seemed to be asleep early. Taehyung once again looked at his phone and saw the time 11: 59. Only one more minute to go. Only one minute for his birthday.

Taehyung has never waited for his birthday like this. He doesn't usually care. He remembered he was fast asleep at this time, last year. He didn't even remember his birthday. Only when Mr Jeon wished him in the morning and gave him a present, he realized it was his birthday. Mr Jeon arranged a special breakfast and he took them out for dinner in the evening. And that is the same thing that happened for the previous five years on this particular date. Taehyung neither looked forward to his birthdays nor he had a nice birthday in the past five years after his mother's death. The little happiness Mr Jeon tried to provide him was always crushed by Jungkook's hurting words. But this year it can't be like that.

12 : 00 am.

Finally the day that Taehyung had been waiting for came. But nothing happened. Still the silence filled everywhere. He looked at the door again. He hadn't locked it expecting Jungkook would walk into the room at 12 with a beautiful cake in his hands singing saengil chukha hamnida.

Bing!

The silence was broken by the sound of a notification hitting his phone. It was followed by a few more similar sounds and the phone continued to vibrate on the desk. He took it and found that it were messages from Jimin, Bogum and a few other unknown numbers. Taehyung first opened Jimin's message and read it. He felt tears in his eyes as he read his best friend's birthday message. The special moments in their almost 4 month friendship went through Taehyung's mind.  Jimina, I am lucky to be your best friend. Taehyung said in mind. But he just replied with a big red heart.

Then he opened Bogum's message. He had written almost a paragraph with the word Love  six times in it along with a GIF. Taehyung smiled reading the message. He replied to it and then they Chatted with Bogum for a few minutes. Bogum asked him if they can meet at evening and Taehyung agreed. After that, he replied to some more birthday messages, probably from his classmates and then looked at the time. It was 12 :15. Then again a message popped up from Jimin.

Tae, what's happening?
Why are you online?

I was replaying to
messages.

Did Jungkook
wish you?

No.

Don't worry. Just wait. He'll definitely wish you tomorrow morning.

Mm..

Tae, are you
upset?

No.

He has definitely
planned something.
Don't be upset, okay?

Yeah.

Did Bogum wish you ?

Yes.

Then?

He asked to meet
tomorrow evening.

Oh! 🤩
I can't wait till evening
to hear from you.

😂😺

Okay then.
Goodnight Birthday boy.
Sleep well.
See you tomorrow.🤗😘