15

After they returned from the party, Jungkook laid on his bed, thinking. He still had that heavy feeling in his chest. He couldn't sleep. He couldn't stop thinking of Taehyung, his glittering eyes and his tear stained red cheeks. Jungkook couldn't help but slip into deep thoughts. He thought about how much he tortured Taehyung all these years. After Taehyung's mother's death, barely any day passed without him making Taehyung cry.

Once He loved Taehyung more than anything. He loved it when Taehyung called him hyung. But now there is no other word which he hates more than that when it comes out of Taehyung's mouth. Jungkook remembered the times when they cuddled together on the bed, reading stories and eating cookies. He remembered how Taehyung nodded and how his eyes widened when he read him stories.

But Taehyung ruined it, betrayed him. All his love changed into hate with that same intensity. Tears welled up in Jungkook's eyes involuntarily.

But today Taehyung is telling him, he is not the one who betrayed him. Should he believe him? How can he suddenly change his age old belief? But also, how can he ignore those innocent sobs which have the power to melt even a stone hearted person's heart? Can a person act like this? No, Jungkook can't still think Taehyung is acting, fake crying. His words were heart breaking.

A part of Jungkook's heart was telling him to go and apologize Taehyung for all he did to him but another part was still telling him that Taehyung was just playing with his feelings. Taehyung said, he love him and won't do anything against him. Can a person love a person who hates and hurts them? If so, that person must be an angel. Now Jungkook is sure about one thing, either Taehyung is an angel or he is a poisonous snake.

That night Jungkook didn't sleep. He took a decision. He will find the truth at any cost. He won't hurt Taehyung until he finds the real truth. Not that he will behave nicely to Taehyung but just he won't hurt him again. If he finds Taehyung as the real culprit, then that day will be Taehyung's end.

But what if he finds him innocent? Jungkook will break apart into a million pieces. He won't be able to bear the guilt. He won't be able to forgive himself for what he did to the one person whom he loved more than anything, who says he loves him even after all this. Jungkook really doesn't want to find Taehyung innocent. Because then he would be torn apart by the unbearable guilt.

If Taehyung wasn't the one who did it, then it will be his mother and if not her then it surely will be some servants. He will find all those old servants and offer them anything to find the truth. But the more chances are that Taehyung's mother did it. Because she was the one who knew every detail of the house, one who knew where the keys were kept. But she was always nice to him. She didn't hate him even after knowing he hates her son. She tried to be nice to him till her death. What if she was the real actor and what if nobody knew about her plan? But how to find the truth if she is the real culprit? She is not in this world anymore.

Jungkook suddenly remembered something. His step mother had the habbit of writing diary. Jungkook had seen her occasionally writing diary. If she did that, she would certainly write it in her diary. But where is the diary now? Where to find it? Is it still in this house? Yes, it's here. Because, Dad never removed any of her things. Even her clothes are still here. Her diary may be somewhere in this house. He should find it.

Taehyung also couldn't sleep that night. He regretted going to the party, more than that, he regretted crying and begging to Jungkook. He should not have allowed his weak self to come out and rule him again. He had made a stern decision to stay strong and fight, he ruined everything because of a few words that came out of Jungkook's mouth. He should have controlled himself. He should have stayed strong and gave a strong replay to Jungkook instead of crying and begging. Once more he proved that he is fucking weak. There was no use in pleading to him. Jungkook won't believe him. He won't believe a single word he said. He asked for proof but there is no proof for him to give his hyung and prove his innocence. Now that Jungkook understood, he is weak, he will hurt him more. He just ruined everything!