chapter five

The ball came around before we knew it and Tracey and I were in our dorm getting ready as I was filling her in with what happened with Draco a few days prior.

"And then he kissed me out of nowhere, but that was minutes before he was slagging off the ball to everyone at dinner." I sighed, attempting to apply eyeliner to my eyes which I had never done before.

"I don't know, Amelia. Do you even like Cormac?" She quizzed me as she was powdering her face to the point where I felt like I was going to choke.

"Barely talked to him but I couldn't go alone." I huffed again.

"I'm just lucky Blaise asked me weeks ago." She fawned. I smiled up at her and began trying to brush through my long curly hair before getting the brush stuck and giving up. "I learnt a charm that straightens your hair, want me to try it on you?" I nodded. "Crinus Muto" She casted, waving her wand at my bushy hair. Suddenly my hair was silky and smooth, it was straight and was now a few inches longer.

"Thank you so much, I love it!" I smiled before hugging her. I decided to style it by putting it into a middle part and putting two waterfall braids at the top, leaving the rest to fall down my shoulders.

We then slipped into our dresses, mine was a dark purple color. It was shaped like a v on my chest that was covered in lace flowers and the skirt fell down to my feet. The color contrasted my dark hair nicely. Tracey was wearing a dark green dress that suited her skin tone well and she decided to wear a dark red lipstick also.

"Ready?" She asked as I smiled in return and grabbed her hand before making our way to the common room where she would be meeting Blaise

"Ready?" She asked as I smiled in return and grabbed her hand before making our way to the common room where she would be meeting Blaise. She walked down first, and I caught a glimpse of Blaise's amazed face and I smirked, she did look stunning. I left them together and made my way to meet Cormac.

I made my way to the great hall but bumped into Hermione en route.

"Hermione!" I called, rushing over to her. "You look stunning, Krum's going to die when he sees you!"

"Oh, Amelia you look amazing too. Are we too early?" She gushed, grabbing my hand.

"Not at all, it's 6:15pm. Harry said he was making his way down for 6pm." I reassured her as we continued our way to the ball.

"I heard about you and Malfoy. Is he your date tonight?" She questioned, a lot less judgmental than Ron and Harry.

"No, actually I'm going with Cormac." She raised her eyebrows in surprise as we reached the stairs and began walking down, our hands still connected. All eyes were on us as we had our little Cinderella moment walking down. Ron's jaw was on the floor looking at Hermione and Cormac was smirking at me the whole time. I blushed, breaking eye contact with him only for my eyes to land on Draco staring right back at me. My heart sank and I instantly felt sick. It only got worse, however, when I realized who he was with. His eyes didn't leave me as Pansy stood next to him. I gave him a harsh glare before reaching the bottom of the stairs and greeting Cormac.

Why would he do this to me? Everyone knew how excited Tracey and I were for the ball and more importantly they knew how excited we were for Blaise and Draco to ask us. He had completely embarrassed me, and he couldn't have picked anyone worse to go with.

"You look absolutely stunning, Potter." Cormac smirked at me before offering me his arm. I hadn't even taken the time to take in Cormac's appearance, but he did look handsome. His hair was still curly, but his dress robes made him look older and even more attractive. He was still no Draco. "I barely recognized you, your hair looks amazing straight like that."

"Thanks, Cormac. You don't scrub up bad yourself." I smirked back as we entered the hall, passing Draco on the way and I felt his eyes burn into the back of my head.

I had a great night; Cormac was a good dancer and really gentlemanly. We spent most our time with Hermione and Krum as Harry and Ron sat miserably at the back not taking part in any of the fun. I felt Draco looking at me the whole night, but I attempted not to look back at him and Pansy as I felt as though I'd probably cry. I'd gone to get us all drinks, but I felt a hand on my arm, stopping me in my tracks.

"Please let me talk to you, Amelia." Draco whispered. I rolled my eyes but followed him out, nonetheless. He found an empty corridor before walking over to a wall. I leant back against it as he stood in front of me. "You are without a doubt the most stunning girl here tonight, Amelia." He sighed, looking into my eyes.

"Oh really?" I huffed, crossing my arms. "Is that why you decided to take Pansy instead of me?"

"I wanted to take you, but you came with Cormac." He stated

"Why didn't you ask me then?" I became quieter as I feared I would start crying and looked down at my feet. "Pansy of all people, Draco?"

"I had to take her so I could come see you dressed up like this." He muttered. He brought his hand up to lift my chin, so I was looking into his eyes. A single tear rolled down my cheek and he simply wiped it away and started playing with a strand of my hair. "I like your hair like this, but I much prefer the curls." We both chuckled slightly before he brought his hand back to my cheek and caressed it. His thumb traced my lips as he brought his mouth down to mine and connected ours once again. This kiss felt just as good as the last, if not more passionate. His tongue entered my mouth and before long we were making out again. My arms wrapped around his neck and my hands found their way to his hair, tugging on the ends slightly.

For some reason, my body filled with regret as I saw Cormac in my head. And I began getting angry as Pansy popped into my head also. I pushed Draco's chest, moving him away from me.

"You can't play me like this, Draco. You came here with Pansy, I'm here with Cormac." I stated, getting slightly aggravated.

"But we both want to be here with each other." He argued, stepping forward once more.

"If you wanted to be here with me, you would have asked. Just leave me alone." I muttered before storming off and making my way back to the hall. I didn't want him ruining my night.