chapter sixteen

The next day, I couldn't find Cormac at breakfast. Nor could I find any of my Gryffindor friends at all, so I made my way over to Tracey and sat beside her, which just so happened to be opposite Draco and Pansy.

There was definitely an awkward vibe between Draco and I as Pansy whispered into his ear and had her hands all over him, so I sat quietly trying my best to stay zoned into the conversation at hand.

"How come you guys haven't been practicing much for the quidditch game?" I asked the group; they were all part of the team apart from me and Pansy.

"Games not till after Christmas." Crabbe answered, his mouth full of food causing my nose to scrunch up in disgust.

"Yeah, plenty of time to start." Blaise added.

"Gryffindor's have already started training none stop." I said concerned. Obviously, I didn't care what team won considering Ron and Harry were both in Gryffindor, however sometimes my Slytherin pride got the best of me.

"Yeah well they need it." Draco remarked with a sinister smirk. "We aren't worried, are we boys?"

"Especially not with Potter and Weasel on the team." Goyle added to which everyone laughed at, but I simply rolled my eyes.

The day went by incredibly slow as I was desperate to meet with Cormac later that night. Tracey and I were in the library, not studying for anything in particular as I was filling her in on what Draco had revealed to me the night before.

"He told me he's been using Pansy for sex." I sighed, resting my head in my hand and looking at Tracey hopelessly.

"Well, yeah. Everyone can see that." Tracey chuckled.

"What? Why didn't you say anything! I felt so stupid!" I said dramatically as she just laughed at me. "Have you done it with Blaise?"

"Yeah, of course I have." Tracey said as if I was being idiotic.

"What? Why didn't you say anything?" I groaned, putting in my face in my hands in embarrassment.

"Because I thought you'd use your brain, you toad." Tracey continued to joke. "Wait, have you and Cormac not-?"

"No! We haven't, I haven't even thought about it. And the worst part is, now Draco is well aware of the fact that I'm a virgin!" I continued to groan as Tracey continued to laugh.

"Well, it isn't hard for us to change that, is it?" Tracey smirked. For the next hour she continued to tell me every tip and trick she knows as I sat in front of her my eyebrows raised attempting not to vomit. We'd conjured a plan for tonight when I see Cormac, I knew there'd be others around, but I was going to wait until everyone had gone to bed and then pounce. Tracey had even gone as far as to map out the plan in her journal

"I'm nervous." I mumbled.

"Don't be, he's your boyfriend. He'll be so excited." Tracey teased me as I rolled my eyes at her.

"What if he- "I began but was quickly interrupted.

"Ladies," Cormac interrupted, sitting himself beside me and kissing me on the cheek as Tracey quickly hid her journal and attempted to hold her snickering in. "What's going on here?"

"Potions." I eventually spat out giving Tracey a glare. "Just studying for potions."

"Sweet," He commented obliviously "Well, I better get to practice, but I'll see you after dinner, babe." He added with a wink before walking off as I attempted not to throw up on the spot at the pet name.

"Babe?" Tracey joked as I hit her over the head with my book and she burst out laughing.

Dinner soon rolled around, and the whole time I was glaring at Tracey who couldn't help but make sly remarks and giggle at me about the plan for tonight. As soon as I saw Cormac get up and leave, I left myself and made my way to the Gryffindor common room.

As expected, Harry, Ron and Hermione were all sat with Cormac and I quickly rolled my eyes before making my way over. Hermione didn't say anything as obviously we had had a bit an awkward encounter the previous night, so I simply ignored her and sat myself down next to Cormac. Again, the conversation was incredibly boring and the tension between Hermione and I was increasing as we were both the only two not involved in the conversation.

It was nearing 10pm once again and I began to realize it was going to take some work to make Harry and Ron go to bed. I reached over to Cormac's lap and intertwined his hand with mine, I already noticed Ron slightly scowl at the act. I then moved into Cormac's side; he wrapped his arm around my shoulder without breaking the conversation which started to annoy me.

With a scowl on my face, I began to look around the room and soon realized we were the only group left in the common room and eventually my eyes landed on Hermione who was looking right back at me. I had never had a problem with Hermione, but something recently had been incredibly off about her as she always seemed to go awkward and uncomfortable around me.

"I'm going to head off to bed." Hermione announced, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Night." Ron muttered mindlessly.

"Don't you think you boys should go to bed too? Considering you have practice tomorrow?" Hermione continued in a harsh tone causing me to furrow my eyebrows and look up at Cormac.

"Right, yeah. Come on, Ron." Harry sighed, pulling Ron up the stairs behind him.

The second I saw them disappear up the stairs, I turned to Cormac and connected our lips.

"Woah, steady on." Cormac chuckled against my lips, not breaking the kiss but he soon began to deepen the kiss by connecting our tongues. I remembered what Tracey had said to me earlier that day and flung my leg across his hip, so I was now straddling his hips. I released our lips and began kissing down his jaw and his neck, his breathing began getting heavier.

I kissed him once again, and this time I began rocking my hips against his as I felt him harden beneath me and a groan left his mouth. However, before I could continue, his large hands grabbed my hips and stopped me from continuing further.

"Not here, Amelia." He sighed as I pouted my lip in annoyance.

"Why not?" I groaned, my fingers playing with the buttons on his shirt.

"Anyone could walk in." Cormac sighed once again, tucking a piece of loose hair behind my ear. "Where has this came from anyways?"

"Well, why not? You're my boyfriend." I answered, feeling slightly frustrated. "Have you ever done it before?" I questioned, looking at him dead in the eyes. He only nodded slightly in response. "What? When?"

"Last year, before we were together obviously." He answered honestly.

"With who?" I mumbled, starting to feel embarrassed that he'd turned me down when we had been in a relationship for so long.

"I'm not going to tell you that, you'll just get upset." Cormac remarked.

"I'm already upset." I snapped back however still stayed in the same position in his lap.

"It's not that I don't want to, I just don't want to where anyone could walk in." Cormac argued.

"How about tomorrow?" I asked, trying to resolve this as quickly as possible.

"Where?"

"Well we could skip dinner and we could go up to your dorm?" I asked hopefully, giving a small smile and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I've got Quidditch practice after dinner tomorrow, I should probably eat beforehand." He replied causing me to huff and roll my eyes at him. "How about Monday?"

"Fine, Monday." I agreed. "And I'll come watch you at practice tomorrow."

"Deal." He smirked as I connected our lips once again.