chapter twenty eight

I was back to where I started – alone. Although this time, it somehow felt worse. My emotions were fighting to the surface, eventually my anger overcame my sadness and I glared at Harry.

Lupins arms were wrapped around Harry however he was struggling to break free, his eyes laced on Bellatrix who smirked at him and began wondering off through the ministry. Harry eventually broke free and began chasing after to her, I stood to my feet and copied his actions – however it was Harry who I was after.

I hated him. I was furious and I wanted him to know it.

"I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black." Bellatrix sang as she skipped through the ministry, but my mind wasn't focused on her. I had tunnel vision directed straight at Harry as I ran after him.

"Crucio!" Harry cursed as Bellatrix fell to the floor, he chased after her and stood above her with his wand pointed directly at her. Suddenly her expression changed, and she was now pouting, whimpering dramatically.

I soon caught up and quietly raised my wand myself, but not at Bellatrix. My wand was pointed directly at the back of Harry's head. Upon noticing this, Bellatrix began to smirk.

"Why did you lie to me?" I snapped; my eyes now try as my blood was bumping through my veins.

"Amelia- "Harry began, not lowering his wand nor turning around.

"Why did you lie to me!" I shouted causing a giggle to leave Bellatrix's lips.

"Do it." Bellatrix spat quickly. My eyes fell on her and she stared into mine. "He kept your own father from you – do it." She continued in a wiry voice, her smirk growing. My jaw tightened as my eyes fell back onto the back of Harrys head.

"You know the spell, dear Amelia." Bellatrix continued in an overly nice voice. I felt like she was in my head, my arm holding up my wand felt hot as the blood bumped through it. "You can join us, darling girl. Do it and the dark lord will welcome you with open arms." She continued. I had no clue what had came over me. The mix of rage and fury and hurt with her evil voice talking to me made me almost convince myself to do as she says.

I started to lower my wand. What was I thinking? I had never felt this feeling before. I almost cursed my own brother. Fearful of Bellatrix's reaction, I glanced down at her. But she wasn't paying attention to me anymore, she started to cackle as she looked to the left of Harry.

I stepped back as I realized who exactly she was looking at. Lord Voldemort stood in front of us and my eyes grew wide, my lip trembling. Harry faced away from Bellatrix and pointed his wand at Voldemort, but there was no use as Voldemort simply casted it out of Harry's hands. I began taking a few steps back, feeling invisible once more as I watched the events unfold in front of my eyes.

My ears were ringing, and I couldn't make out what Voldemort was saying before I noticed Dumbledore apparate through one of the fireplaces. I took even more steps back until I collapsed backwards onto the cold floor, mirroring Bellatrix's position. My mouth fell agape however no words managed their way out.

"Foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom." Dumbledore remarked, slowly raising his wand. "The auras are on their way."

"By which time I shall be gone and you... shall be dead." Voldemort responded smarmily. The two glared at each other for a moment before they both raised their wands. Instead of pointing it at Voldemort, he sent Harry, Bellatrix and I shooting backwards. Both Bellatrix and I flew backwards into the fireplace and began to apparate whilst Harry smacked against the brick wall. My eyes connected with Harry's as I disappeared.

Before I knew it, I was flying out of Umbridge's fireplace in her office. I started breathing heavily, taking in my quiet surroundings. I stood to my feet as tears started brimming in my eyes, the events of mere minutes before flooding through my brain.

I sprinted out of Umbridge's office and through the castle towards the common room. My whole entire body felt numb and my knees felt like they were going to buckle at any moment. It was still dark as it was the middle of the night, so I raised my wand in front of me. Dry sobs left my mouth uncontrollably every few moments, but I tried my best to hold them in, not wanting to awake anyone and allow them to see me in this state.

I reached the common room and ran up the stairs of the boy's dorm, wasting no time before pounding my first against Draco's door.

I heard him shuffle inside before walking over to the door and opening it in front of me. Neither of us shared a word before I walked into his room and collapsed on the floor, sobbing and screaming into my knees.

He didn't question me, he simply lowered himself beside me and wrapped his arms around me in comfort. Tears stained my cheeks once again as Draco lifted me up with ease and placed me on his bed before sliding in next to me.

I turned over and began crying into his chest, not caring whether or not I was waking anyone else up.

I had never been so upset to the point it caused me physical pain. It felt as though someone was pushing down on my chest and I was about to explode at any moment. I had watched my own father die in front of my eyes, minutes after meeting him. Every time Harry crossed my mind, I felt furious. He was selfish and stubborn, and he didn't really want to protect me. He wanted Sirius all to himself and I could never forgive him.

My mind soon wondered to Ron. Was he aware of all this? And Molly, surely she must've known. My walls of trust for each individual I thought of quickly came crumbling down as I began to realize my entire life had been a lie.

As I lay there, completely disassociated and overthinking everything anything's every told me throughout my life, I began to zone back into reality. Draco's fingers were softly running through my hair, tickling my back as he reached the bottom. Every so often he would kiss the top of my head and brush a stray tear away with his thumb. For a moment I felt the hurt and the anger wash away, and it was replaced with safety and love.

I wiped my eyes quickly before looking up to his face, he mirrored this by looking back down at me. Worry was laced across his face as I still hadn't told him what had happened.

"I love you, Draco." I whispered, my voice still quivering as I was still feeling unstable. It was true. Draco was able to make me feel what no one had ever made me feel before. I felt safe with him, I felt loved and I didn't feel like I had to change who I truly was for him.

"I love you too, Amelia." He whispered back with a small smile. Those words leaving his mouth sent goosebumps shooting down my skin. They felt like they were reserved only for me to hear. I soon fell asleep in his arms as he traced patterns into my skin with his fingertips.