chapter twenty seven

"So how are we getting to London?" Neville broke the intense silence. Harry then turned away from not only me, but the whole group and began walking to the door.

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done- "Harry began as I rolled my eyes. "but I've got you into enough trouble as it is." He finished, giving a half smile and stepping out of Umbridge's office.

Neville began storming after him, Hermione, Ginny and Ron to follow. I looked to my left to see Luna who had the same furious expression mirrored on her face that was on mine. We both began to follow them too, leaving the rest of the group behind.

"Dumbledore's Army's supposed to be about doing something real." Neville said through gritted teeth as we stepped out into the corridor. "Or was that all just words to you?"

There was a small silence as the now smaller group of us stared at Harry, awaiting his reaction.

"Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself, mate." Ron murmured, breaking the silence.

"So how are we going to get to London?" Harry finally broke, not sounding completely sure of himself.

"We fly, of course." Luna smirked causing us all to furrow our eyebrows.

Usually Luna's suggestions were completely ridiculous. However, this time round it was still ridiculous but also very smart. She suggested we fly by Thestrals to the ministry. Which was all good and well for herself and Harry as they were able to see them, but terrifying for the rest of us who could hardly believe they were there.

It wasn't long before we arrived at the ministry, which was completely empty due to the time of night it was. Harry allowed us to quickly lead us to the room in which he'd been having nightmares about – the Hall of Prophecy. I trailed behind slightly as I began to grow more and more nervous at what was in store for me that night. My gut was telling me to sprint in the other direction however my heart wanted for me to prove myself as strong in front of my brother.

The nearer we got, the more Harry started to slow down and the tension began to rise.

"This is it." Harry announced. Ron and I gave each other a nervous glance as Harry began walking forward before, we timidly followed.

Upon entering the room, I noticed the thousands and thousands of shelves riddled with prophecies. The room was dark other than the small light coming from our wands, so my eyes took a while to adjust, not able to completely see everything that was going on in front of me.

We all stayed completely silent, stepping forward slowly. I didn't even know what we were doing there or what exactly we were looking for however I felt as if it was too late to ask. We all stopped and looked at Harry, quietly and patiently waiting for an answer on what to do. Instead of responding, he began pacing forward, counting every shelf under his breath.

"Ninety-two, ninety-three." He whispered, jogging forward with light feet however we trod behind him. "Ninety-four, ninety-five." He breathed heavily before suddenly stopping in his tracks and looking around. "It should be here!" He shouted before turning back to us.

"Harry..." Neville's voice wavered. I turned around to see him looking up at something on a tall shelf. "It's got your name on it." Neville pointed up to a prophecy as Harry curiously stepped forward to have a look. Harry reached over and slowly picked it up. He stared into it deeply, seeming to disassociate completely.

Hermione's head snapped round and she took a step back before raising her wand. My heart sank and my eyebrows raised at the sight of a clocked man with a mask covering his face – a death eater.