chapter eighteen

I awoke the next morning still wrapped in Draco's arms to a loud knock on the door.

"Draco, wake up!" I groaned shaking his shoulder gently.

"Huh?" He awoke and sat up suddenly. He quickly slipped on his boxers and walked up to the door before opening it to reveal a very smug Blaise.

"Hurry up, lovebirds. First lesson is in 10 minutes." Blaise joked as I covered myself with the duvet. "You've missed breakfast."

"Shit!" Draco mumbled before slamming the door in Blaise's face and beginning to throw on his robes. I mirrored his actions except with my pajamas.

"Draco, I can't walk out of the boy's dorm in my pajamas whilst everyone's still here." I exclaimed as he finished buttoning up his shirt.

"It's going to look even worse if we both walk in late," He groaned. "You wait here and leave when everyone's gone, you're gonna have to be late."

"At least its potions." I sighed, allowing Draco to leave for first lesson. I was in a very strange mood, a whole mixture of emotions. I was happy that I'd finally opened up to Draco and shown him that I still have feelings for him however we barely had a chance to talk about what was going to happen next.

I waited a while before leaving Draco's dorm and making my way back to mine to get changed into my robes. It didn't take long before I was making my way to potions. Once I arrived, I knocked on the door lightly before entering.

"Why is it you are always late to my lessons, Miss Potter?" Snape remarked without even glancing at me.

"Apologies, sir. I was up late studying you see." I continued.

"Take a seat. You will be in Mr. Malfoys group today." Snape snapped, I was glad he didn't give me a detention or take any points away but wasn't necessarily surprised. My head turned to where Draco was sat, and my heart sank. The other two members of our group were none other than Pansy and Cormac. Draco stared at me with wide eyes as I slowly made my way over and sat in the spare seat next to Cormac.

"Morning, babe." Cormac greeted me before kissing me on the temple. I almost threw up at his touch but what made it even worse was that Pansy was all over Draco in front of me and Draco was simply allowing it to happen.

"What potion are we making?" I managed to spit out.

"Alihotsy draught." Draco responded awkwardly.

"Brilliant." I muttered harshly, glaring towards him. We began gathering the equipment and ingredients, but I felt more and more ill as the lesson went on.

"Dracey! You're stirring it wrong!" Pansy teased before grabbing onto his hand.

"You know what- "I muttered. "I'm actually not feeling too well, could you tell the professors in our next classes please, Cormac."

"What, Ameli- "Cormac tried to stop me, but I was already heading out of the classroom.

"I'll meet you at dinner." I called back before stumbling passed Tracey who gave me an apologetic look.

I felt heartbroken, how could he sit there and allow her to touch him like that right in front of my face after what had happened the previous night. I knew the circumstances were odd however it was no excuse to rub it in my face like that.

Merlin, I regretted everything. I ran back to my dorm and curled up in a ball. How stupid of me to think Draco and I could actually have something real, and now I've given myself completely to him.

I lay on my bed all day falling in and out of sleep and crying every so often but decided not to let it get to me. I was going to meet Cormac and I was going to make things right again. Cormac and I were supposed to be together; Draco was not good for me. I kept repeating this in my head as if to convince myself to go and meet Cormac.