chapter seven

Harry had dragged me, Ron and Hermione into the library the night before the second trail. We were all exhausted and to be honest Ron and I were not much help at all so we both just sat moseying around. Ron was tossing the egg between his hands before I snatched it off of him.

"Careful, Ron. You know what you're like." I snapped as he rolled his eyes at me. I tied my now straight hair up into a ponytail out of boredom. Harry had figured out that the trail was to do with water and was becoming less and less patient every time Hermione suggested something.

"Look, Harry." Hermione plead, sitting down next to Harry and resting her hand on his shoulder. "We can do this the four of us can figure this out." Ron and I raised our eyebrows at each other in doubt.

"Hate to break up the scholarly session, Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." Moody announced coming around the corner and giving us a slight scare. "not you boys just Miss Potter and Miss Granger.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and- "Hermione argued but quickly got interrupted.

"Exactly, presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep." He stated, his left eye not breaking eye contact with Hermione as the fake on stared upwards at the ceiling. "Go, now!"

Hermione and I began walking out of the library as Ron trudged behind us.

"I couldn't stay there any longer, he's bloody creepy that Moody is." Ron whispered, catching up to us. "Plus, I'm shattered."

Ron left us once we exited the library and made his way up to the common room as Hermione and I made our way to Miss McGonagall.

"I wonder what on earth she needs us for at this time." Hermione wondered as I yawned, trying as hard as I could to keep my eyes open.

"No idea." I sighed as we reached her office.

-

Draco's POV

It was the night before the second task, and I was growing more and more anxious about what my father had told me. I was sat in the common room ignoring the conversation around me as slowly one by one everyone made their way up to bed however Pansy was still sat next to me talking about something I couldn't care less about and Blaise and Tracey were opposite us.

"Davis, have you got any idea where Potter is?" I shouted over, interrupting whatever Pansy was saying causing her to recoil from me slightly, which I was actually grateful for.

"She said she was going to the library to help her brother with tomorrows task, don't think I've seen her come back." Tracey replied before returning to her conversation with Blaise. I immediately stepped to my feet and made my way to the library not bothering to turn back to look at Pansy who was without a doubt glaring at me in embarrassment. I knew Saint Potter wouldn't have figured it out. As embarrassing as It was going to be, I had to tell him what to do otherwise Amelia would be endangered and as much as she hated me, I wouldn't allow that to happen.

My quick strides allowed me to reach the library quickly and I quietly looked around to see where they were before finding Harry alone with Amelia nowhere in sight.

"Where's Amelia?" I asked in a harsh voice approaching him.

"What's it to you, Malfoy?" He spat, standing to his feet attempting to intimidate me however he was at least a head shorter than me.

"Just tell me, Potter." I said, clenching my jaw and looking down at him.

"She's with McGonagall, with Hermione." He muttered. My father must have been right, why else would McGonagall need to see them at this hour. I almost let my pride get the best of me but eventually I managed to mutter what I was trying to tell him.