chapter thirty two

Draco and I kept our heads down for the rest of term. Tracey didn't apologize to me and I wasn't going to go out of my way to make friends with her again, so whenever she was around, I just kept quiet, but we were civil. I wasn't too phased as I stayed in Draco's dorm every night. Draco still spoke to Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle but I could tell something was up, he wasn't acting like himself but any time I brought it up he just brushed it off as being tired.

We were all sat in the common room, my head rested on Draco's side as his arm was around me. It was the last night of fifth year, so Draco wanted to stay up with everyone else for a while, but I was feeling exhausted and I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

I hadn't spoken to Harry since the fight a few weeks back and it wasn't awkward when I would see him around, it just made me incredibly angry. It was different whenever I saw one of the Weasley's, however. Ron avoided eye contact with me at all costs, Ginny hadn't said a word to me, and even Fred and George had kept their mouths shut for once.

Not talking to Ron had affected me the most, he hadn't even stifled up an apology. I would have even preferred if he had argued back to me – I just needed something, anything.

I still hadn't read any of the letters from Sirius, Draco had talked me up to it a few times, but I simply couldn't bring myself to open the box again. I knew I would eventually, just not anytime soon. I had hundreds of questions however I was terrified of the answers.

Draco's mother agreed to let me stay with the Malfoy family this summer. Draco was happy about it and I was too, however there was a strange gut feeling that made me incredibly nervous. I was a half blood and Draco's mother knew that, why would she accept me as her son's girlfriend? It wasn't only that I was nervous to meet his family, but it would be so different from my usual summer at the Weasley's. Molly had written me a letter but as soon as it landed on my lap in the dining hall, I ripped it in two. I couldn't possibly find a reason to forgive anyone for keeping my own father from me, even Molly who was a mother figure to me all my life.

"Time for bed?" Draco smiled down gently at me, snapping me out of my daydream. I nodded my head before he excused us both and we headed up to sleep.

The next day we boarded the Hogwarts express and found a compartment to ourselves. With each minute that passed I felt myself grow more and more nervous. Draco was calming me down and explaining how to act, which only made my thoughts run even more wild.

"I know you're a half blood, and that's fine but- "He began, looking into my eyes. "But you know my family's views. You have to go along with them."

"Okay." I nodded slightly; my eyebrows furrowed as I looked up at him.

"And Potter too- Sirius, even." Draco fumbled on his words, clearly trying not to hurt my feelings. "I know it's horrible, you just have to go with it."

I took a deep breath but nodded, nonetheless. I wasn't too phased about all of this, I had spent most of my childhood years being introverted and not talking much, so I knew how to keep my mouth shut.

"I'm sorry it has to be like this." Draco mumbled, running his fingers through his hair.

"Don't be." I responded, wrapping my arms around him from the side and smiling up at him. "Thank you for letting me stay with you."

It wasn't long before the train was pulling into Kings Cross Station and I tried to the best of my ability to avoid any sight of red hair as the last person I wanted to see was Molly Weasley.

Draco grabbed both of our trunks after waiting for the platform to quieten down and we were met with Draco's mother as soon as we stepped off the train. Draco placed the trunks down at our feet as his mother wrapped him in a hug.

"So lovely to meet you, Mrs. Malfoy." I greeted before she hugged me also, which I was pleasantly surprised at. I had always assumed Draco's mother would be a cold woman but was mistaken. As I hugged her and my chin rested on her shoulder, I made eye contact with none other than Harry Potter, he had a cautious expression on his face, but I soon sent a glare at him and looked away.

"Please call me Narcissa." She smiled as I pulled away from the hug. "I've heard so much about you."

We soon apparated straight to Malfoy Manor and were stood at the gate when we arrived. My eyebrows raised and my mouth was slightly agape at the sight of Draco's childhood home. Narcissa began walking ahead of us and Draco took his hand in mine as we made our way to the entrance.

"You grew up here?" I almost gasped as Draco smirked and nodded at me. "That makes a lot of sense." I responded causing a chuckled to escape his mouth.

Narcissa walked us up to Draco's room and made sure we were okay. I was even more shocked at Draco's room. There was a large four poster bed on one wall, a few large bookshelves overflowing with books with a table and some chairs and a fireplace – but not much else. It felt almost eerily empty and almost made me wonder if this was how it had always been when Draco was growing up.

"Dinner will be ready at 6," Narcissa smiled at us. "So good to have you home, Draco."

She went to exit but stopped and turned back as she realized she'd forgotten to say something.

"Oh, and your aunt Bellatrix will be joining us for dinner."

thank u for 10k reads !!! insane !!!