chapter eight

After the trial had finished, Cormac asked me to go on a walk with him. I agreed however I was desperate to get back to my common room and change my robes. We found a spot outside and he stopped me in my tracks.

"I was actually worried about you for a second there." He smirked, grabbing my hand as I rested my back on the stone wall.

"Only for a second?" I joked, smirking back at him.

"Well I wouldn't wanna give you the satisfaction of knowing that I care." He chuckled, brushing a piece of wet hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"Truly charming, Cormac." I shot back, still smiling at him.

"I actually have something that I wanted to ask you." He turned serious and looked into my eyes, deeply.

"What would that be?" I replied, cocking my head to the side.

"I was wondering if you'd like to be my girlfriend?" He asked. My eyes widened slightly, and my breath hitched in my throat. Would I like to be his girlfriend? I honestly had no clue. I mean, I liked him, and he was attractive, but I couldn't help but wish it was Draco asking me that question. But no, Draco was with Pansy and Cormac is actually interested in me. This is just the way it was meant to be.

"Sure." I smile up at him as he smiles back. His hand finds my jaw and he connected our lips in a passionate kiss that soon turned into a small makeout session. If I'm completely honest, I got a bit bored after a few minutes and was distracted by how cold the breeze was making me considering I was still drenched in lake water. I eventually gently pushed his chest off of me but smiled at him, nonetheless. "I better go get changed."

Cormac walked me back to my common room before kissing me goodbye and allowing me to go fix myself up. Draco, Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise and Tracey were all sat in a small group. I managed to catch Tracey's eye before anyone else's, and she stood to her feet to walk over to me.

"You look suspicious" She stated bluntly with a small smirk.

"I have something to tell you." I replied, glancing quickly over at Draco before leading Tracey to our room. Just as we were about to head up the stairs, I heard a remark that made my blood boil.

"What a glorious day it would have been if both of the Potters had drowned." Pansy snarled. I quickly stopped in my tracks and stormed right over to her.

"Care to say that to my face?" I spat, trying to ignore Draco sat next to her.

"I said," Pansy began, standing to her feet and trying to intimidate me. "I wish you had drowned in that river, alongside your pathetic brother."

"You're really going to let her say that to me, Draco?" I looked down at him, but he was ignoring my gaze.

"What's your obsession with my boyfriend? He doesn't want you." She spat, pushing my shoulders.

"I have my own boyfriend, thanks." I remarked, stepping back foreword.

"I'm surprised anyone would want you, Potter." Pansy sneered. I'd had enough of hearing her squeaky voice and I began to see red in anger. I lifted my arm and slapped her face with full force. She quickly retaliated by throwing me onto the floor and continuously hitting me. The fight came to a quick stop when Tracey grabbed Pansy's shoulders and dragged her off and away from me. Draco leant down and grabbed my now bruised cheek.

"Shit, Amelia. Are you okay?" Draco mumbled down at me.

"Like you actually care, Malfoy." I quickly regained my strength and stood to my feet. "You sat there with your mouth shut like she wasn't saying those things" I huffed and ran up to my room, Tracey following close behind.

I had soon told her about Cormac asking me to be his girlfriend and she seemed a lot more excited than I was.

"So, are you over Draco now?" She questioned.

"What do you think?" I sighed, shoving my face into my pillow.

"Then why did you say yes?!" She exclaimed, shaking my shoulders.

"I don't know! Draco doesn't like me anymore and I didn't want it to be awkward when Cormac asked me."

"Draco does still like you, he'd be an idiot not to."

"Are you kidding me, Tracey. He didn't even stick up for me back there." I sighed and she didn't have a comment to reassure me which just confirmed that I was right. Our little gossip session soon ended, and I hopped in the shower to finally wash away the muck and lake water that was covering my body.