part 8

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the closet door. It sounds so far away. I felt groggy as I opened my eyes. I looked at the now melted candles that burn themselves out. I just wanted to go back to bed, so I closed my eyes again.

  I jumped at the at the sound of someone knocking on the door again. It sounded so much louder. "W-what?" I sounded tired and like I've been crying.

  "Are you ok in there?" Someone asked. It was Alexander. I can tell because he has a more scratchy voice then anyone else.

  "Ya. I'm fine..." I quietly answered.

  "How about you opened the door. It's kinda awkward talking like this." He asked.

  I did as he asked me. I stumbled as I got up. I still had my Red Panda in my grip. I turned around and reach for the door handle, but unfortunately I somehow missed. 'how in the world do you miss a door handle?' I asked myself as I reach for it again, and this time I grabbing it.

  I opened the door and saw a worried Alexander. "Are you sure your ok?" He sounded worried.

  "Why do you care?" I asked him as I looked towards the ground.

  "Your just a kid. You should not have to go through all that stuff you said yesterday." He sounded worried, and angry. The anger wasn't towards me, but to someone else.

I don't know what to say to him, But he spoke again. "Plus your eyes are red, you look tired, and your holding on to that panda like your life depends on it." He listed.

  I froze when he pointed out the Red Panda. No one knows I still have the thing and if Glen knew he'll just use it against me. "oh..." I said to myself.

  We just stood there in silence for a good minute, because we didn't know what to say to each other.

  "Did you get Raven up yet?" Savannah yelled up the stairs.

  "Yes" Alexander yelled back.

  "We are leaving soon, so you should probably get ready." He told me before he makes his way downstairs.

  I want Back into the closet. I grabbed my bag and put my Red Panda in it. I put my bag back on and walk down the stairs.

  When I got down stairs Savannah didn't even look at me, and Glen looked like he wanted to murder me. I made my way over to Alexander. Amy notice me, so she looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back.

  "So which way are we going?" I asked Alexander.

  "Sense you found those dead body's up in that room I checked out some of the house around here last night. We came from the south. The house from the north have more stuff in them, so we are going to go north because we are less likely to run into anyone that can harm us."

  "How does that logic work" Glen asked.

  "It works because if a community of people we're through here, there more than likely search the part of the town closest to their camp." Alexander stated.

  "That sounds dumb. We haven't seen a community of people in year, so what makes you think there is one." Glen sounded annoyed but serious.

  "I don't, but this is the safer choice." Alexander was calm.

  "No it's not. I say we go east because less food the less interest people will have in that area." Glen said

  "Are you trying to starve us?" Alexander questions

  "No. I'm just saying this is the obvious choice." Glen sounded annoyed.

  "How about we just put it to a vote." Savannah said.

  "Alright, but the kids can't vote." Glen said

  "Why not?" Asked a annoyed Alexander.

  "Because they won't understand what where voting on." Said Glen. I looked at Joseph and Amy, they looked offended. 

  "Whatever, let's just get this over with." Alexander wasn't happy about this.

  I have a feeling that Glen is going to win this because Savannah always agrees with him. Plus half of this group is kids that are probably on Alexander's side.

  "So what adult wants to go with Alexander's plan." Asked Glen. Only Alexander raised his hand.

  "I don't think I need to ask who wants to go with my idea,  because it's two agents one." Glen said with that same smile he always has when he's trying to make you angry.

  "Alright then." Alexander said.

  After a minute of getting are stuff around we where on the road again. We are going with Glen's plan to go east. I have a really bad feeling about going this way.