part 25

(Asher's POV)

I eventually calmed down after I don't know how long. I sat there feeling empty. I eventually got back up and went back over to the van. I started to work on the van again. I put my thoughts aside, and focused on the van. I walked over to the front door one more time and opened the door. I reached over and turned the key one more time. To my surprise the car started.

  "Yes!" I jumped with joy.

  After I calmed down. 'I need to get food and other stuff.' I thought as I tern off the car and basically ran out of the room. I ran down to the storage closet and opened the door. 'how many bookbags do I need.' I asked myself as I walked in.

  I grabbed one bag for now and filled it up with all the food that was there. Even tho this much food will only last our group two weeks it's still food. I grabbed some bottles of water and toped off the bag with them. I grabbed another bag and put the rest of the bottles of water in it. There are more water bottles then what there was food. After I filled the bag I grabbed more bags. I looked around one more time and saw a few blankets on the ground. I grabbed 6 blanket and stuffed them into the remaining bags. I ran back to the garage, and thank God no one else was walking around, so I didn't need to explain myself. When I got back to the van I opened the trunk and put all the stuff in. I walked over to the front of the van and shut the hood. I ran out of the room and went to the walkie-talkie charging station. Thankfully for me there was still one left on the charger. I grabbed it and turned it to the station that the one in the holding cell is on. I held down the button and spoke into it.

  "Anyone there?" I asked.

  "Hello." I believe Alexander asked, I could tell he was trying to not sound worried.

  "Hi, it's Asher. I have good news." I responded.

  "What is it." Alexander asked.

  "I got the car to start. We can leave tonight!" I exclaimed.

  "That's wonderful. I'll go tell everyone else. Give me a minute." Alexander said.

  I let go of the button. As I thought about getting out of here my mind went strat to Raven.  'Are they back with the others?' I asked myself. Eventually another "hello" came from the walkie-talkie.

  "Hi." I said back.

  "Savannah wants to talk to you." Alexander sounded worried.

  "Ok." I said.

  I was a short minute until I herd another "hello."

  "Hi." I said back.

  "Please tell me Raven is with you?" Savannah sounded really worried.

  My stomach dropped when Savannah asked about Raven.  "Sorry but there not with me." I answered. I was really worried for the kid.

  "They better not be with Cole!" Savannah yelled.

  "Did Raven tell you about that thing?" I asked, I was concerned.

  "Yes they did. Now tell me if Raven is with Cole or not?" Asked a worried Savannah.

  "I have a strong feeling they are, but I can't go in without getting my head shot off." I answered.

  "If they are not back soon, your head being blown off is going to be the least of your worry's!" Savannah threatened me.

  "I'll figure something out." I reassured her.

  "You better!" Was the last thing she yelled at me before she turned off the walkie-talkie.