part 20

We made it to the storage closet. Asher opened the door and we walked in. It was a ok size closet. On the shelves in the closet are car parts, a lot of canned food, bottles of water, children's toys, books, bookbags, and stuffed animals.

  "That's a lot of stuff!" I was amazed.

  "Not really." Asher said.

  "I haven't seen this much food in one place!" I was excited.

  "That much food will only last a large group a week or two." Asher told me.

  "Oh." I quietly said as we walked over to the car parts.

  "It's going to need a little bit to find the parts I need. You can take a look around if you want." Asher told me.

  "Alright." I responded.

  "Your not supposed to be in here, so don't make to much noise. And don't take anything." Asher warned me.

  "Will do." I said before I started looking around.

  I only looked at things that are interesting like the toys, books, and stuffed animals. When I got to the stuffed animals I noticed a familiar Red Panda. I looked behind me to see what Asher was doing. He looked like he wasn't paying attention to me. I looked back at the Red Panda and thought 'Should I take it?' I looked at Asher one more time, then I looked back at the Panda. I grabbed the Red Panda and put it in my hoodie pocket. I walked back to Asher like I didn't do anything.

  "Did you find what your looking for?" I asked.

  "Ya, I did. I was just making sure I wasn't missing anything." Asher said as he turned around to face me.

  "Let's go. We don't need anything else out of this room." Asher added.

  We walked out of the room with a few small boxes of car parts, and a Red Panda I took. We walked back to the garage, then into the back room.  Asher opened the other door and we both walked in. The room was a mini version of the main garage. There are some differences like there's only one car, the garage door is shut, there's only one tool box, a wall of other tools, and two chairs in the corner.

  "Is that it?" I asked as i pointed to a brow colored van.

  "Yep." Asher said as he walked over the the van.

  "Can you roll that tool chest over to me." Asher asked as he pointed at what I thought was a tool box.

  "Ya." I said as I walked over to the tool chest.

  I grabbed onto the handle of the tool chest and rolled it over to him. I stopped before I hit him with it. I let go of it, and walked over to Asher.

  "Thanks." He thanked me.

  "Your welcome." I responded.

  "Anyways, I think you already know what I want you to do." Asher said.

  "Ya ya, I'll get in the kidnappers van." I sarcastically said while I walked over to the front door.

  "Hay kid, I think there might be some candy in the van if you look hard enough." Asher smile.

  "Candy since when did you get here?" I asked with a smile while I open the front door to the van.

  I could hear Asher start laughing as I sat down in the front seat. I looked around the van for a minute and saw the van has three rows of seats, and a small trunk. I terned back around and saw that the hood was open now. I took this time to hid the Red Panda in the glove box while Asher was distracted. I faced the windshield and pretended I didn't do anything. We sat in silence, but it wasn't that awkward silence.

  "So how have you been feeling lately?" Asher asked out of the blue.

  "I don't know." I responded as I crossed my arms.

  "If I was you I probably wouldn't know how to feel ether." Asher said.

  "When do you plan on telling the rest of your group about what happened?" Asher asked me.

  "I don't think I should." I said.

  "Why do you think that." Asher asked.

  "Because I know Glen won't believe me, he never believes me about anything. I feel like Savannah would at first, but Glen would somehow change her mind. Alexander and I barely know each other, so he doesn't have a reason to believe me." I told him.

  "I don't think your sister is that kind of girl to say one thing and believe something else." Asher said.

  "It will happen. Unless you can be Mr.Steal yo girl." I crossed my arms.

  "Why the hell would I do that!" Asher yelled. I think I embarrassed him.

  "I saw how you look at my sister. Don't tell me you don't like her." I teased.

  I didn't get a response back. I think I embarrassed him. "Are you dead or something?" I asked.

  "Why you bully me?" Asher asked in a fake sad voice.

  "You can date her if you wa-" I got cut off by someone screaming bloody murder.

  "What the fuck was that!" I asked as I got out of the car.

  "I don't know. You stay here, I'll go check it out." Asher told me before he ran out of the room.

  I waited a long time, but Asher don't show back up. Over the course of I don't know how long I could hear someone talking over a speaker, but I couldn't hear that well from the back garage. I could hear screaming and yelling. 'That's it, I got to know what's going on out there.' I thought as I walked over to the tool chest. I grabbed a long phillips head screwdriver and walked out of the room.

  There was nothing in the back room. I continued walking and I opened the door that lead into the garage. When I walked in everything was chaos. Somehow a few of the Dead got in. People are trying to kill them, but the living kept getting bit. I saw Asher trying to fight off one of the dead. It had Asher by his arm. Asher had nothing to protect himself, so he was trying to get the thing off. I ran up to the dead person and kicked it in the back of the leg. It let go of Asher and fell. After it was down I stabbed it in the head. I pulled the screwdriver out of the dead person's head.

  "I'm kinda glad you didn't listen to me." Asher thanked me.

  "What were you doing. What makes you think you could fight that thing without a weapon!" I yelled at him.

  "I don't know." Asher ansered.

  "We need to get you out of here." Asher told me.

  "Why? I can help." I said as I scanned our surrounding.

  "Because I would get in trouble if I don't!" Asher exclaimed.

  I don't pay attention to him I was too busy looking for the closest dead person. I saw Jack slowly being surrounded by the dead.

  "Asher." I was scared.

  "We're you not listening to me. You can not fight off this many walk-" I interpreted him by pulling on his arm and pointing at what I'm looking at.

  "Dad!" Asher yelled.