part 24

(Asher's POV)

  I woke up and got out of bed. I grabbed my shirt and shoes and put them back on. I herd a knock on my bedroom door. I walked over to the door and opened it. At the door was Diesel. He didn't look happy, like always.

  "You need something?" I asked.

  "Where is dad at?" Diesel asked, he sounded annoyed.

  Frome everything that has happened yesterday I completely forgot to tell Diesel about dad. I felt a wave of sadness when he asked about dad.

  "Dad is...ummm." I didn't know how to tell him.

  "Dad is what?" Diesel asked, he sounded more mad.

  "You herd about what happened yesterday, right?" I asked him, I couldn't help but notice I sounded a bit sad.

  "Yes I did. Everyone did, but what does that have to do anything with dad.?" Diesel asked.

  "Dad got surrounded by the Walker's. I had no way to get to him because me and Rav-" I was cut off.

  "Your telling me that you let dad die because you were trying to protect some useless kid!" Diesel yelled at me.

  "No I didn't let dad die. I couldn't get to him because I was also being surrounded. And Raven is not useless!" I yelled back.

  "You should have died instead of dad!" Diesel yelled at me before slamming the door in my face.

  I felt like crying at what he said, but I couldn't bring myself to. I walked back to my bed and sat down. I thought about what he said for awhile. I don't know how long I was sitting there but after awhile I decided to be productive. I got up and walked out of the room. 'should I get Raven?" I asked myself as I closed the door behind me. "Crap I forgot to give Raven that walkie-talkie.' I realized.

  "I should go get them" I tell myself as I walked back into my room to get the walkie-talkie.

  Once I grabbed the walkie-talkie I walked out of my room and down to the holding cell. I opened the door to the cell and walked in. No one was in the main room. I didn't worry about it to much because everyone else is working, so Raven might be sleeping. I walked over to the bedroom door. The door was already open, so I walked in. No one was in the bed room, so I started to worry. I looked around the room and found Raven's hoodie and a small puddle of blood next to it. My mind started racing about what could of happened to them. Maybe Cole took them, or I'm just thinking to much about it.

  "I need to talk to Cole." I said to myself as I pick up Raven's hoodie.

  Before I left I folded Raven's hoodie. I placed the walkie-talkie on the bed, then I put Raven's hoodie on top of it. I walked out of the holding cell and I shut the door behind me. I walked the whole way to Cole's office. I could hear noises like crying, screaming, yelling, and moaning coming from the room. 'He is dead if he is touching Raven in any way!' I thought to myself as I knocked on the door.

  "Give me a minute." I herd Cole yell as all the noises calmed down.

  Cole eventually walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. He looked like a sweaty mess.

  "What were you doing in there." I asked as I tried to stay calm.

  "Me and my girlfriend Selena are having some alone time. Now what do you need?" Cole asked with a smile as he held his hands behind his back.

  "I wanted to know where Raven is?" I asked.

  "I think she is with Jet. You probably shouldn't bug them because they are doing something important." Cole vaguely ansered.

  "Alright, thanks." I gave him a fake thanks.

  "Anytime." Cole said before walking back into the room and closing the door behind him.

  Before he closed the door I could see him holding a bloody pocket knife. I was scared what he was doing. He didn't give me a reason to believe anything he said, but if I want to barge into that room I need a plan. 'I'll just go work on the car while I think." I told myself as I walked away from Coals office.

  I walked down to the garage. When I got there it seemed like a ghost town. All the cars are still here, the dead body's are no where to be seen. 'No one is going to come back here...' my mind told me. I felt sad at the thought, but I kept moving. I walked over to the back door and walked in. I opened the door to the mini garage and walked in. I walked over to the van and opened the hood. I started replacing parts and fixing anything I needed to. Once in awhile I walked over to the front door and tried to start the car. As I did all this I kept thinking about a way to help Raven, and what diesel said. The more I think about those two things the more I got mad because I can't do anything about it. I can't save Raven because no one is allowed to have weapons besides for the guards and Coal, and I can't bring dad back from the dead. I eventually got so mad I kicked the front of the van. I broke the right head light with my foot.

  "Shit!" I yelled out of frustration.

  I was on the verge of tears, so I stomped off to one of the chairs and sat down. I started crying, so I leaned over and held my head with my hands. I cried into my hands like there was no tomorrow. The thought of Dad being disappointed in me, and me not being able to help Raven stuck in my head for a long time. It's almost like it's haunting me.