part 31

When everyone else woke up we started to get ready. We all met outside behind the van. It was very cold this morning. Winter is definitely coming soon.

  "How are we going to do this?" Alexander asked.

  "Alexander, Raven, and Joseph you should take the left side of the street." Savannah said as she empty the two bags of food and water.

  "So me and you are on right side." Glen said with a wink.

  "Hay Raven, where is your hoodie. Aren't you freezing?" Savannah asked as she ignored Glen.

  "I left it with Candy." I answered.

  "Alright, but try not to get hypothermia." Savannah told me as she handed me a backpack.

  "C'mon Raven, and Joseph. We have a lot of work to do." Alexander said as he grabbed two backpacks.

  Alexander handed one to Joseph. I put my bag on and now I was ready to go. The three of us walked off to are first house.

  It was almost mid day and we haven't found anything. I have a feeling this whole town has been picked clean. The more I walked the more my legs hurt. I ignored the pain for the most part, even though I am walking with a limp now. One thing I can't believe is that we haven't seen any of the dead around.

  "After this house we can take a break." Alexander told us as he pointed to a yellow, one story house.

  We walked into house and was met with something that looked like a crime seen. The walls are painted white, and wooden floors. The hole  place was trashed. There are holes in the walls, blood on the floor and walls, the ceiling is braking, and the furniture is all over the place. The blood looks old, so this probably happened closer to outbreak day.

  "Keep your guard up. We don't know what did this." Alexander warned us.

  "Maybe it was the group we just left." Joseph said.

  "No, none of the other houses looked like this. Plus the blood is to old." Alexander pointed out as he walked over to one of the doors.

  Alexander opened the door and discovered the basement. " I'm going to take a look at the downstairs. You two take a look around the upstairs." Alexander told us before disappearing into the basement.

  "I'll take the right side of the house. You take the left." Joseph said.

  "Alright." I agreed before I walked off to my first room.

  I didn't find anything besides for a pocket knife in one of the bed rooms. Joseph found one can of food but that was it. We are now waiting for Alexander to come back. It's feels like it's been an hour.

  "Do you think Alex is alright?" Joseph asked, he sounded a bit worried.

  "If I'm being honest, I don't know." I answered.

  "Maybe we should go check it out. Maybe he needs help." Joseph said as he got up, and walked over to the basement door.

  "Maybe you should stay up here as I go look. We don't want anyone sneaking up on us." I told him as I walked over to him.

  "Are you sure?" Joseph asked.

  "Ya, I'm sure." I said before I entered the room.

  It was really dark, damp, and creepy as I walked down the stairs. I can see a dim light at the end of the stairs. I hope Joseph found a light. When I made it to the bottom of the stairs nothing was in the room besides for a doorway in the upper right corner, and a flashlight hanging from the ceiling. I herd groaning, fast foot steps, and glass braking. I quickly got my pocket knife out of my pocket, and hurried over to the doorway. Alexander is up on a filing cabinet with four dead surrounding the cabinet. 'what should I do.' i thought as I tried to think of something. My eyes drifted to the floor and landed on some broke glass bottles. I quickly grabbed the biggest piece and threw it at the left corner.