Missed Calls and Heartaches

Chapter 40

_________________________________________

"...I'm sorry Taehyung, but there's nothing I can do about this-" Hwasa sighed, her lips tugging downwards.

Taehyung's shoulders drooped.

"How.. how I dont understand. How can they all get rejected?"

"That's the thing. I was shocked when the results came- you are one of our finest in the modeling batch, Gucci's advisor assistant, himself had given you a 9... A 9!- no one gets a 9, you and Kai did and although he got through, you had a lot of oppurtunity with that grade, but your applications still came rejected... I just dont understand... this is bullshit!" Hwasa slammed her file, fuming.

Taehyung sighed again, shutting his eyes "it's alright Hwasa Noona... maybe, there's something else for me out there."

"I'm not going to let your talent go to waste here Taehyung. It's either they are blind or have got no taste in fashion or models. You know what-- I will see through this myself and try to contact the brands... they have to answer me." Hwasa looked up, her face filled with determination.

"Thankyou noona.." Taehyung smiled softly, bowing to the older in a manner of thanking her

"You're lucky you caught my eye. Dont expect me to go soft on you kid." Hwasa said sternly, with a mischievous glint in her eyes as her lips curved into a smile.

Taehyung chuckled and bowed a little again.

"Thankyou... I'll return your kindness by making you proud out there..."

"Ofcourse you should. I'm not stressing out over you for free here now, am I?" Hwasa grinned. "Now go.. while I'll try to solve some fried braincells..."

Taehyung chuckled as he took the leave from Hwasa's cabin.

He let out a sigh, a little tired and a little frustrated.

Taehyung had never felt this restless in his entire life.

He had a lot going on his head and he felt heavy, his thoughts dragging him while his heart remained numb as he pulled up a wall around it.

Funny how, the same day, two weeks earlier he had accidently confessed his heart out to Jimin.

A whole set of two weeks had passed and Taehyung was nowhere.

He physically remained in the present, while the thoughts of past hurt his heart and the thoughts of future terrified his mind.

Taehyung felt terror within. The taste of being scared of something so inevitable was fucking up his mind and honestly- Taehyung was exhausted.

He barely got any sleep as he laid awake at nights varying his options.

To stay.

To leave.

To stay.

To leave.

To ruin Jungkook's life.

To protect Jungkook's life.

To end up Jungkook despising him of his selfish actions.

To end up Jungkook hating him for not keeping his promise.

Taehyung was at a war within himself.

He was indecisive and he hated himself for that.

Nothing... nothing seemed right.