No tears left to cry

Chapter 45

____________________________________________

Jungkook panted, his chest heaving, his limbs heavy.

The pain sprawled all over his muscles, but it didnt bother him... he was used to it.

He was used to the strain.

No pain pierced through him anymore.

He was numb.

Had it been weeks? Months? Jungkook couldnt recall.

Nothing was going right and Jungkook couldnt bother to remember what day it was.

Everyday was the same... he'd wake up to his dark ceiling, in an empty bed with light wisps of vanilla musk lingering on his sheets- or maybe he was delusional. Maybe his senses were playing him, out of pity.

Jungkook didnt know and he didnt want to infact believe the shining ray of box-smiles was gone from his life for real.

Jungkook closed himself off, his guard pulled up, his words harsher and his actions lethargic.

He was losing interest.

He was losing his passion.

And for once, death didnt seem so surreal. It felt like it was at the tip of his tongue, waiting to grasp him in its arms.

And Jungkook didnt feel scared.

The fire in his chest was burning out. His soul was tired... and he just wanted to sleep- for a little longer.

He wanted to close his eyes and pretend everything was fine. He wanted to pretend he was back at his practice room B-15 with a very curious pair of brown eyes following his movements.

He wanted to see those sparkling eyes- those soft smiles.

He wanted to see his own smile.

But smiling seemed so foreign- as if Jungkook had forgotten it.

Jungkook had forgotten it.

His happiness erased, his euphoria snatched.

Jungkook was invincible and vulnerable at its finest form at the moment.

And maybe he was a danger to himself.

Maybe he was...

"Jungkook- that's enough. You're going to burn yourself out at this pace! You've got tours coming, so you cant jeopardize your health now!" The instructor yelled, his voice laced with worry.

Jungkook grit his teeth, his mind space no longer existing as he stared at his reflection. His eyes were dark and focused- they looked soulless.

"Jungkook I said enough!" The instructor yanked on the raventte's arm.

"For godsakes stop torturing yourself- maybe you've lost your senses but there are people out there who are hoping good for you and expecting to see you in your best health regardless, so for the sake of ARMY stop!"

Jungkook exhaled, blinking rapidly as he steadied himself.

He nodded, gulping keeping his gaze reserved to the floor.

"Get some rest Jungkook. We'll continue this session in a week" the instructor sighed as he packed up and left the dance studio.

Jungkook grabbed his water bottle and left the room as well- not being able to withstand his reflection mocking him.