Champagne and Chandeliers

Chapter 44

_________________________________________

A/N: 100k party yall yoooooo letz go :")

_________________________________________

Jungkook stared at his reflection.

He looked dead. Dying.

A ton of makeup was dabbed below his eyes, to make him seem more natural, as if he wasnt crying the entire time of past three weeks- he was.

Maybe not the dramatic wailing and thrashing around- but Jungkook felt his very soul sucked out of his body.

His frame had fallen thin, his eyes sunken, his euphoria non existent.

His Euphoria.

Jungkook had never felt so helpless in his entire existence. He was bound against his wishes and he couldnt do anything about it. To save someone he loved, he had to drop someone else he loved.

Maybe life indeed was cruel.

He closed himself off, sulking in his room for most of the days, staring at his ceiling or simply crying in his bath tub when it got too much for him.

Nothing excited him anymore. Not food, or people or stargazing or music.

Just nothing.

He felt like a corpse.

He lived like a corpse.

His thoughts tormented him and Jungkook logged off from the world.

He didnt need another painful blow of his fans leaving him. He didnt see any of it yet, but Jungkook wasnt ready. He wasnt ready to face their disappointment, their comments, their last goodbyes. He knew he had lost a lot than what his heart can manage... he didnt need confirmations.

Jungkook didn't need it.

He wanted to run.

Run far away.

Away with his euphoria.

He let out a feathered breath, as he steadied himself, teetering a bit on his feet.

He looked back at his reflection.

Coward.

Coward.

The mirror screamed louder 'Coward!'

"Jungk- hey.. man.. are you okay?"

Jungkook's eyes flashed open, his palms wrapped around his knees and his back hunched, as he gathered his breath and stood straight.

The raventte nodded, his lips pursed looking at his best man.

"Tell me you wanna run away and I'll have a car arranged outside." Jackson said with all seriousness, making Jungkook crack a small smile.

"And run where?" Jungkook snorted as he fixed his bow tie, looking at his reflection.

Jackson was his chosen best man. It would have been Hoseok- but considering Hani had clearly ruled him out saying 'I dont want any of your gay friends touching my bridesmaids', it was later decided that Jackson take the spot. Hoseok didnt mind- he didnt want to be a best man for a forced marriage of his cousin with a snake eitherways.

"I dont know... wherever your lover is." Jackson shrugged.

Jungkook sighed "so you've heard"

"News travels fast down to me... is it the pink haired?" Jackson said as he settled on the edge of the bed, looking at Jungkook's back.