Chapter 7

Izzy's POV

This was the best week I've had this semester, by far. The day after Luke and I did our pre-labs, we sat with each other in lecture and goofed off during lab. It was a lot more enjoyable when you had someone to fuck around with. I had lunch with everyone every day, and we even decided to skip the party scene this weekend. I tried to tell them not to let me hold them back, but they insisted on planning something else.

Ashton was excited to introduce the girl he'd been talking about nonstop. He invited us all over tonight so we could finally meet her. I knew he and Michael shared a dorm, but I had never actually seen Ashton in it when I went over. He was usually somewhere out with this mystery girl. We discussed it all at lunch, figuring this would be what we did instead of going out.

Luke and I walked to chemistry together for the second time this week, still getting some weird stares as we walked in. By now people were painfully aware that we didn't get along. After the hot plate incident everyone knew, let alone the bickering after that during class. We sat together and talked about what Ashton's girly friend might be like, joking that she must be just as all over the place as he was.

We walked back to our building together but headed into our own rooms for a while before we went to Ashton and Michael's. I did most of my homework right then and there, only leaving my pre-lab so I could do it with Luke on Tuesday. I got a text around 7, making me check my phone.

Luke:

Mike just called me. Bring shit to sleep over

Me:

Okay. What time did they say?

Luke:

I'll come over in 5. We can walk down together

I smiled at his message this time. There had never actually been a person I was as excited to see, until now. We were getting closer every day, and I had no problem with it at all. I wanted to know more about him, like the stupid irrelevant details of his life and his favorite color. We never had conversations like that, usually it was about something that happened that day or plans for the next. The most pressing question being the gun in his glove box. I knew that was still pretty far out, though. As much as our friendship has improved, it still wasn't there.

I quickly packed a bag, making sure I had whatever I needed to stay the night with everyone. I knew it wasn't that big a deal considering I could run up 3 floors and grab what I forgot. I was looking everywhere for my key card, and I hadn't been able to find it since I got back to the room earlier. I knew I opened my door with it, so it was in here, I just didn't know where.

I crawled under my bed with a flashlight, moving all the crap around and looking between the wall and the bed.

"Hey, you ready?" Luke asked, walking into my room like it was his own. "What are you doing?" He asked, laughing at my current position.

"I lost my fucking key card again." I said, assuming it would be muffled from under the bed. He got on his hands and knees, looking at me through the gap under the bed.

"Is it under there?" He laughed, clearly amused.

"Yes! I got it. Can you pull me out?" I laughed, turning my head to look at him again. He rolled his eyes, straightening himself out and grabbing onto my thigh. "What are you-" I couldn't finish my question due to the obnoxious squeal that left my mouth when he aggressively pulled me clean out from under the bed. I rolled onto my back and propped myself up against my bed as I watched him kneel by my side. I pulled my shirt up a little, exposing the small patch of carpet burn on my stomach.