Chapter 50

Luke's POV

I woke up with Izzy sprawled out on top of my chest. She was completely knocked out still, light snores and all. I smirked at how she was holding onto my upper arm, and instead of getting up to start the day, I couldn't disturb her. She just looked so peaceful and perfect, not stressed like she had been this last week. I knew getting our own apartment would be a chore, but she was treating it like a full-on job. It made me happy to see her care so much about it, but at the end of the day I didn't care as long as she was here with me.

I felt her stir, and soon enough her eyes were fluttering open. She picked her head up to look at me, but all I got was a sluggish smile before she dropped it back down. She wrapped her arms around my neck and tried to go back to sleep. It was already almost noon, though, so I was going to have to drag her ass out of bed.

"Izz?" I rubbed her back, trying my best do get her up gently. She just mumbled something I couldn't understand, so I brought my hand to her cheek. "Get up, baby."

"What time is it?" She groaned, lifting her head up again to look around.

"Almost noon." I chuckled. She just sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"What do we have to do today?" She asked, voice full of dread. I wasn't thrilled about Walmart either, but damn.

"Curtains, hangers, a living room rug, and... a toaster, right?" I racked my brain to remember all the things she said we forgot from Ikea. "And whatever else we see at Walmart that we can't think of."

"Fine, I'm showering." She hopped out of bed and went to her dresser that she just filled yesterday.

Our bedroom was nearly done, but there were still a few decorating things she wanted to do with it. I left that to her since I wasn't much of a decoration guy, but she seemed to enjoy it the most. The other bedroom was still pretty bare, just the bed and a nightstand that we threw in there sloppily. The couches were being delivered today too, so finishing the living room was on our list for the day.

"Okay, I'll make us coffee." I told her, watching as she gathered her things and left the room.

I jumped out of bed and got dressed, quickly running into the bathroom to brush my teeth and give her shit. She was in the shower already, so I kept poking my head behind the curtain to see her. I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing her, though. Everything about her was perfect, from her head to her toes. I peeked one last time, slapping her ass playfully just to see how far I could push it before she kicked me out. That ended up being the last straw, and I walked out laughing as she cursed a few times.

I put coffee on and realized that that was literally all we had in this house so far. Grocery shopping still needed to be done, so that should probably get added to the list for today. We were genuinely bare bones right now, so I dug through the cupboards to find where the mugs were. Izzy organized everything yesterday, and I didn't realize how OCD she was until I saw her placing every single mug in the exact same angle in straight lines. She literally did it to everything, from the plates to the glasses, even the dish towels were folded perfectly.

She came downstairs after ten minutes, right in time for coffee to be completely brewed. I poured us each a cup and got the one half gallon of milk out of the fridge, followed by the small bag of sugar we got. All we knew was that we needed coffee in the morning, the rest could be done later. Izzy came over and took her mug, adding what she wanted while I did the same.

She looked adorable today, not that she didn't every day. She had one of the tees she stole from me on, and the leggings she had were all fancy with mesh or something in certain places. Her hair was in a messy bun, which I grew to know as her go to when she didn't feel like working with it. I didn't blame her, though. Her hair was down to the bottom of her back, and doing anything other than throwing it up was probably a headache and a half.