Chapter 63

Izzy's POV

Sophie and I grabbed purple hair dye and gloves on the way home, and thankfully the good beauty store was open still by the time we left Brett's. You'd never catch me dead with box dye in my hair, that trash was horrible. I bought some 5N dye too, which is a dark brown, so I could blend my roots into the purple. Luke did try to help, but he was being a little too sloppy with the blending so I let him slap all the purple at the ends.

It came out half-way decent, and anything was better than the whole top half of my head brown with the rest blonde. Sophie offered to make dinner for everyone while I showered all the dye out, so when I got back downstairs they were making plates. She made like five boxes of white cheddar and shells mac 'n' cheese and cooked chicken with BBQ sauce to add into it. I don't know how she managed to do it all in less than a half hour, but it was fucking delicious.

Everyone's eyes went wide when I came around the corner, eyeing my hair like it was the craziest thing they had ever seen. I was self-conscious at first, but then I remembered that they had never seen me with dark hair before. I naturally had dark brown hair, so to me this wasn't anything new, but to them it was probably like seeing a new person. If there was one thing I could actually appreciate about myself, it was being blessed with blue eyes and dark hair.

After eating, it was pretty much dry so they all took turns looking at it and touching it. They were like cavemen seeing fire for the first time, all blown away by how interesting it was. Luke couldn't stop staring at me, so I broke away from the commotion and went to sit on his lap. Since I was the entertainment, they all just sat down and tried to find something to watch instead.

"Do you like it?" I asked, leaning my back on Luke's chest as I rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and pulled both of my hands into his.

"You match your music now." He chuckled, and I let out a loud giggle at the thought. He was right, though, I actually looked like I listened to screamo now. "I just like that you did what I suggested."

"You don't make suggestions." I laughed, turning my head a little to look up at him.

"Yeah, you're right. You do as you're told." He smirked, brushing his nose against my cheek.

"Only for you." I said quietly, letting the warmth of his embrace take me over.

"That's my girl." He chuckled softly, pulling his face away so he could look down at me again.

Ashton put on some low-budget scary movie he found on Netflix, and the opening credits scared the shit out of me with how loud they were. When I flinched and turned to the TV, Luke gripped me tighter and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. I didn't know if he was even comfortable with me sitting on top of him like this, but we stayed like that for the whole movie so he must have been.

We ended up watching two more after that, but I moved so I could drape my legs over the arm of the couch and rest my head in his lap. He played with the ends of my hair nearly the entire time, and every once in a while I caught him glancing down at me. This is was what being in love felt like. I still got that swirling sensation in my stomach every time Luke looked at me, and I don't think that would ever go away.

Luke excused us from the living room after the third one ended, and when I saw that it was almost 3 in the morning I didn't put up a fight. The last thing I wanted was to waste tomorrow sleeping when I had to start reaching out to people from back home. It was going to be a long few weeks ahead, between organizing all these sales and having to sneak out there a few days. I never actually told Luke what town I grew up in, he just knew it wasn't that far.

I woke up before everyone else in the house, and I snuck downstairs and out onto the side deck to smoke and get the word out. I sent texts to everyone I knew and told them I'd be coming back around a few times a week with the bud and molly, and much to no surprise, I had most of it lined up to sell before I even got there. I gave everyone certain days to choose to meet up, so Sophie and I were going to have to go out later today, on Thursday, and on Friday morning.