Chapter 54

Izzy's POV

We got through a late breakfast unscathed, and I made myself a coffee to take with us on the drive. I asked Luke if he minded me driving with Sophie while the four of them took his car, and he reluctantly agreed. I just needed to talk to her about what I heard, even if Luke still didn't know how much I actually did hear. Brett told us to call him the second we got to the cabin, and he sent Luke and I the address so we could GPS it.

After piling all of our bags into the cars, we drove off and started on our way. Sophie and I started off the first 45 minutes by blaring music and screaming along, and she even let me play my screamo for a little while. After a song ended, I turned the music down as she gave me a weird look. I just needed all the time I could get to with her alone.

"I overheard Luke and Calum talking in the kitchen earlier." I said, letting her catch on to what the problem was.

"And...?" She asked.

"He's thinking about leaving me." I said plainly. I wasn't going to sugar coat it, and that's exactly what he said.

"Wait, what?" She nearly drove us off the road as she darted her head in my direction for a moment.

"He doesn't think it's safe for me to be with him. Calum even told him he isn't going to get another chance if he ends this again. And he's right. I can't go through this again." I held back the tears, not wanting to cry about something that wasn't even happening yet.

"He's just spooked after what happened. You're fine, Izz, and once he gets over all this he's not going to leave you." She sounded so confident about it, and I wanted so badly to believe her.

"I think he knows I heard him." I told her quietly.

"What did he say?!" She basically shouted. I flinched a little bit while I let my ear drums recover.

"He wouldn't even look at me. Now there's just this awkward tension between us and I don't know how to fix it. I can't just tell him not to dump me." I was frustrated and confused, and I just wanted Luke to drop all the bullshit.

"That's exactly what you need to do! He's an idiot. You need to tell him he's a fucking idiot!" Now I'd gotten her riled up, and there was no going back now.

"You know how he gets when he's scared, Soph. He shuts down." I sighed, thinking about the last time he pushed me away.

"Yeah and if he loves you the way he says he loves you, he won't shut down again." She said, and I knew we both were well aware it wasn't that simple. She was just trying to make me feel better.

"If only it were that easy." I said under my breath, but she heard it.

"If only." She said it the same way, and I used that opportunity to blast my music again since we were only a little over an hour away now.

Going into isolation with a boyfriend who you knew was considering breaking up with you was horrifying. But as we pulled up to the cabin, my mind went blank. Lorenzo downplayed the shit out of this. It was massive, and the whole front face of the house was filled with tall ass windows and a huge front deck. The mountains behind it were like a painting, and as we hopped out of the cars we all gawked at it like it was hard to even believe we were here.

"It really is a multi-million-dollar mountain lodge!" Calum shouted in disbelief. I didn't realize he was kidding last night, though, and I was starting to wonder why I expected anything less.

We all grabbed our bags and made our way in, only to become more speechless when we saw the inside. The living room was the size of Brett's whole first floor, and the kitchen was right next to it with a huge island and mini fridge just filled with liquor alone. The living room had even more huge windows, and sliding doors that went onto a back deck. We showed ourselves around and everyone picked bedrooms. There were at least ten, and the biggest one was all the way up on the third floor. Luke dropped his stuff in, so I did the same without a word.