Chapter 41

Izzy's POV

I was probably talking Sophie's ear off for 90% of physics. We weren't really doing much yet, but it was hard for either of us to pay attention because she was just as interested in hearing it as I was in telling her. We walked back to our building together and I asked if I could come to her room later so I wouldn't have to deal with Luke and Callie. I didn't know how serious they were about their plans, but I wasn't about to stick around and find out.

I showered right when I got back, and I grabbed what I needed to sleep in Sophie's room. I didn't want anything to do with this floor tonight, so I texted her and told her I was about to head down. I hadn't mentioned me possibly sleeping there, but I knew she wouldn't care since it was Saturday tomorrow. The second my bag was filled, I swung it over my shoulder and headed out the door.

"You're gonna miss the show!" I whipped my head around as I pulled my door shut, my eyes landing on Callie walking down the hall. I literally couldn't win. I didn't respond, I just made sure my door was locked and turned to walk past her. "Does it bother you? Knowing he's moving on while you wait around?" She stood right in front of me, and I looked up at her from my 5'2" stance since she had quite a few inches on me.

"I'm not waiting. And it doesn't bother me." I tried going around her, but she just stepped in front of me every time I tried. My fuse was about to blow, and I needed her to scram before I did something I would regret.

"It's just me and you, right now. So, tell me. How many times did you beg him to fuck you?" She had the smuggest look on her face I had ever seen, so I took a deep breath.

I knew I was about to fuck up, but I couldn't hold back. I just wound my arm back and punched her as hard as I could. She stumbled back onto the floor with blood dripping from her nose, and I stood over her like I was about to kill her. When I saw how much of a scared little bitch she was, I cooled off and took a step back. I heard a door open and turned around to see Luke standing in the middle of the hall, watching us with wide eyes.

I saw her start to stand up, and I looked around at a few students who were watching from down the hall. I clammed up, not knowing what I had just done. If the school found out I would be fucked, and Callie was petty enough to bring it there. I turned to Luke one more time, panic clearly on my face. He just looked speechless, like he didn't know I had it in me. I rushed down the hall and ran down the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator.

"You bitch!" I heard Callie shout as I ran away, but I wasn't the one who instigated it. She pushed every button I had, and I fell right into it.

I barged into Sophie's room freaking the fuck out, knowing I could get put on academic suspension or worse. She saw how frazzled I was without me having to say anything, so she locked the door and tried to stop me from pacing around like a nut job.

"I just punched Callie in the face." I told her, watching her face light up at the news. "What if the school finds out?" I asked, but her eyebrows furrowed immediately.

"Are you kidding me? She fucking deserved it. I doubt she'll go to anyone, dude. She's been harassing you the last two days, all you have to say is that she was trying to get a rise out of you." She had a good point there, I was trying to walk away that entire time. It wasn't until she said something so close to home that I snapped. She would get written up, too, and I had a feeling she was too proud to admit she got sucker punched by me.

"I hope that ruined their mood." I mumbled, watching as she started giggling. We laughed for a minute before sitting on her bed and watching TV. There wasn't much to do, so she pulled out a bottle of vodka from her mini fridge and we drank alone. I checked my phone a half hour after to see I had multiple texts.