Chapter 57

Izzy's POV

Sophie and I fell asleep on the reclining chairs on the back deck after everyone went inside. We grabbed blankets and figured it would be nice to fall asleep under the stars and wake up to the sun rising over the mountains. I woke up first, and when the sun was just barely above the peeks, I laid right back down and went back to sleep. I didn't actually get up until Sophie shook me a while later.

"I'm hungry and I want to drink already." She yawned, and I totally felt the same way.

"I want cereal." I said, getting up and bringing the blanket back inside. She followed me and threw her blanket on one of the couches like I had, and we found the cereal and milk to make ourselves bowls.

"I'm surprised no one's up yet." I told her, looking around the empty first floor.

"It's only 11." Sophie said, looking at her almost dead phone.

"Good morning." We turned to see Niall coming down the stairs, so we smiled at him.

"Morning." I said, sitting down on the couch to eat my cereal. We heard Niall fumbling around in the kitchen for a second, but he joined us in the living room with a bowl of cereal of his own.

"There were Fruity Pebbles?" He asked, looking into my bowl to see the rainbow.

"I had the last of them, I'm sorry." I frowned, and he threw his head back in disappointment.

"It's fine, I'll just deal with Honey Bunches of Oats." He said sarcastically, and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll trade you?" I said, holding my bowl out. "I haven't even eaten any yet." I laughed, watching as his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"I love you!" Niall said excitedly, and I chuckled at how pumped he was to have Fruity Pebbles. He traded bowls with me, and I honestly looked forward to eating Honey Bunches of Oats more.

"Remember I did that for you." I giggled, and he nodded his head with a mouthful of cereal.

"Hey, babe." Ashton came up from behind us and kissed Sophie on the cheek. I couldn't help but be jealous of them, they literally never had problems. Especially not heavy ones like Luke and I always did.

"Hey! Get some cereal, we're having a breakfast party." She told him, and he ventured off into the kitchen and returned with a huge bowl of Reece's Puffs. You could really learn a lot about a person by the cereal they picked, so this was somewhat of an educational experiment. Soon enough most of the house was in the living room eating cereal. Harry was the only one missing, but by the time he joined us we were all pretty much done.

"Quick! Get cereal and come over here!" I yelled to him, and he furrowed his eyebrows at me but did it nonetheless.

"What is this, some fucked up cereal orgy?" He asked, the raspiness still in his voice from just waking up. We all laughed at the comparison, and he plopped down next to me. I saw Luke staring off into space with his jaw clenched, and I didn't get why he was acting this way. He could have avoided this if he just sat next to me when he came in, but now he was sitting in his own saltiness.

"Oh, I was thinking we could hike up to this lake I used to go to as a kid. It's not that far." Harry said after a moment of silence.

"The one we used to go fishing in?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, I think there are rods in the garage if you want to again." He told him, taking another spoonful into his mouth.

"I'm down for a hike." Mike said, and I couldn't agree more. I hadn't left the property in two weeks, so seeing the outside world would be a breath of fresh air.