Chapter 25

Izzy's POV

I checked my phone to see that it was almost midnight. We had been sitting around the kitchen for hours just fucking around and laughing. Brett had us move to the basement, which to my surprise was a fully equipped man cave. There was a full bar, stacked with any type of liquor you could think of, and a huge flat screen TV mounted on the wall with a ton of couches. The room took up almost the whole foot print of the house, so there was even enough room to put a pool table and a ping pong table.

Luke jumped into a game of pool with the other guys, and Brett and I just watched from the bar as they struggled to get any balls in the pockets. Brett walked around the bar and stood behind it, leaning his head on his elbows as he looked at me.

"You want another drink?" He asked, motioning to the ample amount of alcohol he has stashed.

"Yeah, surprise me." I said, turning back to keep watching the comedy show in front of us. I heard some glass clanking for a minute before the sound of a glass sliding across the wooden counter.

"Thanks." I smiled, picking up the drink and tasting it. I didn't know what it was, but it was a light pink color and was sweet as hell. It was actually really good. Brett walked back around and sat on the barstool next to me, leaning back on the counter as he did.

"I've never seen him so happy." He said quietly, almost like he was just realizing it himself. A smile spread across my face as I watched Luke, appreciating that Brett was right.

"He was so bitter until we got together. I mean, I'm not saying that it was all me, but he's definitely changed since then." I told him. Brett turned his head to me, giving me a half-smile.

"Nah, it was all you. He's got a purpose, now." I couldn't help but smile at his words, hoping that, if nothing else, he was right about that, too.

"I hope so." I said quietly. It was more for myself to hear, but I knew he did as well.

After our conversation at the bar, Brett went off to play a game of ping pong with Jake. Evan and Keenan re-racked and started up another game of pool. Luke came over to me and leaned his hands on the counter on either side of me. I propped my elbow up on the edge of it, using my other hand to mess with his hair.

"Are you happy?" I asked him out of nowhere, it had been on my mind since Brett and I's quick conversation. He furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me like it was a stupid question.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He sounded concerned as he took my cheek in his hand.

"I was just making sure." I assured him, smiling lightly.

"You make me so unbelievably happy." He smirked and leaned closer into me. "I don't even think you understand." He mumbled, kissing my jaw right next to my ear.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and pulled him in between my legs as I sat on the stool. I didn't care if there were four other people in the room with us, I just wanted to feel him close to me. He peppered gentle kisses all over my neck while I rubbed the small of his back. When he lifted his head up I rested mine on his shoulder.

"Get a room!" Jake shouted, making everyone laugh. Luke pulled away and took a seat next to me, draping his arm around my shoulders. I took another sip of my drink and put it back on the counter behind us.

"Still going?" Luke chuckled, motioning to the drink.

"No more class. No more homework. I'm letting loose again after two weeks of intense studying." I semi-slurred to him. He got up and made himself another drink, coming back to sit with me again right after.