Chapter 62

Izzy's POV

Waking up this morning was similar to how you feel on Christmas day as a kid, giddy and ready to get out of bed. The weight of all the tension and chaos was finally coming off my shoulders, and after last night I felt like Luke and I were back to being in an amazing place. We didn't get to sleep until almost 2, so it made sense when I rolled over and saw my phone read 11:24. I turned back to see that Luke was still fast asleep, so I let him have his rest while I snuck out of the bed to get ready.

I didn't want to wait until later to go over to Brett's just in case everyone wanted to go out, so I was planning on dragging Sophie's ass over as early as possible. I knew that would be an act of congress, but she did agree to this whole thing so she was going to have to deal with it. I lifted my shirt off and threw it in one of the laundry baskets we now had, which was way better than just making a pile on the floor. I went into my dresser to find something to wear that wouldn't make me look like a complete bum, and when I realized I hadn't worn my favorite pair of black jeans in a while I decided to throw them on.

"Where are you going?" A very sleepy Luke sat up in bed, and I flinched as I whipped around to see him.

"Me and Sophie were going to go take care of something." I said after letting my heart rate go down.

"Do I want to know?" He chuckled, eyeing me up and down while I still stood there in just a pair of underwear. My jeans were still in my hands, and when I started pulling them on I saw a small frown form on his face.

"It's about your birthday, so don't snoop around." I said sternly, zipping up my pants and turning back around to rummage my top drawer for a bra.

"Oh, so you're making plans for me?" He asked all sarcastically, acting flattered by the idea.

"I'm not talking about it anymore." I told him, waving my hand over my shoulder to dismiss the topic.

"Fair enough." He said, and I heard him rustling with the sheets until he got up.

I managed to put a bra on, and just as I opened another drawer to find a top he came up to my side. I felt him kiss the top of my shoulder, and he started lifting folded shirts up with me. Without saying a word, he picked up a Green Day tee and put it on the top, suggesting that that's what he wanted me to wear today. I didn't question it, so I threw it over my head and pulled my hair out of the collar.

"I thought you were going to dye it today." He pointed out, making me remember that I did plan on doing that.

"Shit, I'll grab everything while I'm out. You can still help if you want." I turned to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a sweet smile.

"Oh, so now you want my help?" He asked with a smirk.

"Never said that." I said quietly, letting our faces inch toward each other until our lips met.

I ducked out of the room right after so he wouldn't distract me from getting the day started. I went right into the bathroom so I could brush my teeth and hair, and also fix my face. By the time I was walking out, I heard voices coming from the guest room. I went and knocked on the door, hearing Ashton yell for whoever it was to come in.

"Hey. Soph, wanna head out in a few?" I peeked my head in, not knowing what I was going to get when I looked inside. Thankfully Ashton was still under the blankets with clothes on, and Sophie was already getting ready.

"Yeah, gimme like 5 minutes." She said, turning back to finish sliding socks on her feet.

"Okay, I'm making coffee." I closed the door behind me, and I stomped down the stairs as I realized how dead on the inside I felt without coffee in my system. "Morning!" I exclaimed, walking in on two grumpy looking guys on our couches. I assumed my loud footsteps down the stairs woke them up, as they were just now rubbing their eyes and sitting up.