Chapter 58

Izzy's POV

I felt like I was in a horror movie, and we fucked up as badly as all the stupid characters did. The only weapons we had to protect ourselves were in the house with the people trying to kill us. We hid in the tree line as we watched them tear the house apart. This wasn't some misunderstanding like when Harry showed up, this was a shake down. We were just lucky we weren't home, or it would have been a lot worse than just that.

"They've been in there for a half hour." I said, looking to Luke as we crouched behind a tree.

"Sophie gimme your phone." He held his hand out to her, waiting for the only phone that we had out here.

"We're too far away to connect to the wifi and I don't have service." She said, and Luke took his hand back and fell to the ground in frustration. We were sitting ducks out here, and it was now pitch black out. The fact that the numerous wild animals we should have been worrying about were at the bottom of the priority list was horrifying.

"Lorenzo has to have guns stashed somewhere." I said, and I turned to Harry as the gears in his head started turning.

"He's got a room off the garage that you can only get into with a passcode. There's a whole arsenal in there." He explained, and I knew I wasn't going to like this plan.

"We have to get in there." Luke said. I whipped my head around and glared at him.

"I'd rather wait it out than send you in there." I told him, but he put his hand to the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him.

"They know we've been staying here, they just tore through all our shit. If we don't get to them they're going to come back." He said sternly, but it went in one ear and out the other.

"If you're going in I'm coming with you." He couldn't believe I even said it, but he laughed it off.

"No, you're not." He chuckled, standing up to walk over to Harry.

"Luke." I grabbed his hand and stood up in front of him. "Please don't do this." I begged.

"Cal." Luke nodded at Calum, signaling to join in on the mission. "Stay with Sophie." He told me, walking off with Harry and Calum while the rest of us stayed behind. I got that this was a stealth operation, but he could have at least taken more than two guys with him. Sophie came up and hugged me as I stood frozen.

"They're gonna die." I said quietly, but she pulled away and grabbed my face.

"They're not dying, Izz. They know what they're doing." She tried to make me get a hold of myself, but I looked past her to see the three of them sneaking through the backyard.

I sat down and waited it out for a second, and Sophie sat back down in between me and Ashton. I knew it was stupid, and I knew I had no place going in there. The second their guard was down though, I bolted. I heard them calling quietly after me, but I just kept running along the rock wall that bordered the pool. They were already up along the side of the house, and when I saw them turn the corner where the garage doors were, I ran the rest of the way to the house.

These people have already almost killed me, and I'd be damned if I let them kill Luke. I didn't know how much of a help I could possibly be, but I'd rather die trying than sit back and watch him get shot. I crouched under the windows as I walked along the side of the house they were just on, and when I turned the corner I saw them leaned against the wall next to the door. When Luke saw me, he crawled over to me and grabbed my face.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He asked, looking at me with guilt.

"I can help, just let me help." I said, and he dropped my face and covered his.