Chapter 16

Izzy's POV

I turned around to look at Luke, pausing my walk out the door. I couldn't stay here with him unless I got information out of it, though. I couldn't keep going in circles like this. Every time we were together behind a locked door I couldn't control myself. It always ended in things happening and me not stopping it, just so he could go back to treating me like shit.

"I'll stay if you actually talk to me. I can't keep doing this with you so, please, if you have anything to say just say it." I tried to come off stern, but it resulted in me sounding like I was begging him.

"Then just go! You think I'm going to chase after you when you walk out?" He said harshly, even chuckling at the end. I couldn't understand how he could switch his attitude so fast, but it was something I was used to by now.

"If you're looking for a fuck buddy, I'm not it. So, tell me right now." I told him, needing some kind of guidance other than the manic behavior he always displayed.

"If I was looking to fuck you I would have done it already!" He shouted, hopping off his bed to step closer to me.

"This is a waste of time." I shook my head and turned around, heading for the door again since this was obviously getting us nowhere.

"I'm trying to tell you!" He raised his voice even further, and I spun around again so I could furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Tell me what?! That you don't want to fuck me?! That you're good to do things to me that no one has before, just to treat me like nothing after?! Do you even understand how much that hurts?!" I screamed, pushing him back at the end and letting all the frustration out. He came back at me like he did in lab, and I flinched backwards since the last time ended in injury.

"Don't push it." He said quietly, shooting daggers through me.

"I won't then." I started laughing, reaching a breaking point in how much I could actually take. "You can keep staring at me, and insulting me, and making me feel like a piece of shit. By all means, Luke, keep it up!" I threw my hands in the air, giving up completely.

"I only do it so you stay away! And you're still here begging me to want you!" He did the same, throwing his hands up as I tried to make sense of what we were even arguing about now.

"And you can take your god-complex and go fuck yourself." I chuckled, and he furrowed his eyebrows as I took a step back to walk out. I felt his hand grab my arm, and when he spun me around I quickly shoved him away as he tried to lean in to kiss me. "Fuck you." I said, watching him stumble back a little.

I left his room, slamming the door behind me. If this was a sick game to him that he didn't want to stop playing, then I was going to be the one to end it. He didn't chase after me, which I was happy about more than anything. I wasn't looking to be chased, I just wanted him to leave me alone once and for all.

I didn't care that he admitted to being attracted to me, and I didn't care to find out why it scared him. He couldn't be bothered to have a real conversation with me, so that was all I needed to know. I just cooped myself up in my room for the next few days, not wanting to run into him. 

I got a call from Sophie on Friday, and apparently she was having her parents drop her back off early. Instead of coming back to school on Saturday, she wanted to be here by Wednesday. She knew something was wrong when she called, but I tried to convince her everything was fine. I had a feeling she saw through the bullshit and was coming back early for me, though.

I ventured out of my room to get food since I hadn't eaten anything since the turkey dinner Luke and I shared. It was a Sunday night, and I guess everyone had no better place to be than the dining hall. It seemed like everyone who stayed for the break was out to get food. I had to wait in line to get the subpar pasta and scowl through the rows to find a table far enough away from people.