Chapter 18

Izzy's POV

I made sure they were out of the house and I ran as fast as I could, opening every door in sight on the second floor and calling out to Luke. Before I even got to the door he was behind, he stepped out. I ran up to him and started pulling him back towards the stairs.

"What are you doing?!" He asked, pulling me back.

"The cops are here! Where's Calum!?" I rushed. His eyes went wide and he ran back into the room and grabbed all his stuff, pulling Calum out of the room with him. We ran down the hall to the top of the staircase, but officers were coming in through the front door before we could make it out.

"Go back! Go back!" I shouted to them over all the commotion. We ran the other way trying to find if there was another staircase, but when we realized that was the only way down we knew we had to make a break for it out a window.

"Izz, come here!" Luke grabbed my arm and pulled me into the back room where I had found them. He opened the window which was luckily above a small piece of the roof on the first floor.

Calum went out first, helping me down to the roof while Luke made sure I was good from above. Luke jumped down right after, while Calum was the first to jump down to the backyard. Thankfully the cops hadn't made their way out back yet.

"Come on guys!" Calum shouted from down below. I jumped and stumbled to my knees, but when Luke landed next to me he grabbed my arms and started pulling me as we ran.

We ran through the back yard and the neighboring yards, dodging police flashlights as we went. My phone kept ringing with calls from Sophie, but until we made it out of the neighborhood I opted not to answer. It took a while, but when we were finally out we had to walk down side streets back to campus so any patrols around the area wouldn't stop us.

I called Sophie back and told her we got out, and we went to meet them in the parking lot where Luke and I's cars were parked. I wanted to rip Luke's head off for not listening to me, but it wasn't the time or the place. When we finally met up with the others, Sophie ran up to me and threw her arms around me.

"I can't believe that just happened." She said, giving everyone a terrified look. She was obviously still shaken, probably not having experienced something like that before.

"I knew it was too hot." I told her, pulling away and turning to everyone.

"Well, you single handedly kept us out of jail." Calum said, bringing me into a thank you hug.

Luke stayed quiet, but I could tell there was something on his mind. I waited to find out until everyone dispersed into their own rooms after the night we all just had. Once Luke and I were walking down our hallway, I pulled him into my room. The second he closed the door I laid into him.

"Why didn't you listen to me? You could have been fucked tonight! How do you know a kid you sold to didn't get brought in? How do you know they aren't asking questions?!" I yelled, pacing around the room like a crazy person.

"Stop!" He shouted, grabbing my shoulders to keep me in place. "You don't have to worry about it!"

"Why are you not worried?!" I gently pushed his hands off, bringing mine to my hair as my mind raced with all the worst outcomes I could think of.

"Because I have it under control!" He fought back, but the tone in his voice honestly frightened me a little. I stopped my pacing and looked back at him.

"You shouldn't have sold tonight." I whispered, not wanting him to get even more aggressive.

"I decide when I work, not you! Stay in your fucking lane, Izzy!" His voice just got louder and louder, making me cower back. I had never seen him this angry before, but this made his temper before seem like a walk in the park.